• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP The Curse of the Aztec Gold - Ideas, Suggestions

There IS the rumours system in the game, of course. That could be added to.
I wonder how many people actually look at that though. Probably not that many.
There are trade route rumours there too, which I sincerely doubt are even remotely accurate anymore. :wp

I was thinking. Why not make a encounter with pirates or something like that who actually bring you there? If you find a coin they kipnap you because they think they need your blood and they bring you to the cave. After you return the coin there you can go on your way again. But ofcourse you know there still is a nice treasure there. And also the temptation of actually being immortal.

Interesting thought. That would sort-of put you in the position of Elizabeth from the first film.

indeed. Altough it probally has to be disabled for the jack sparrow storyline, but if I make it as a sidequest I must be able to disable that with the new sidequest organization.

If you work it into the method used now for this mod, you can use the ISLA_DE_MUERTE StorylineVar .
That one is already set properly for the Jack Sparrow storyline to disable the curse taking effect from random coins.

Everything that has been said since my last comment I totally agree with. I use the rumour system :p adds a bit of immersion even though not sure if thy have any real effect like the cursed pirate ship rumour.

Would agree to the encounters and keeping the curse system the way it is if possible removing the automatic putting in inventory. Looks like this is progressing well :D

The cursed pirate ship rumour is referring to the Black Pearl from the Standard storyline. It is only there for quest use and will not appear at random.

No work on changing this mod has been done yet. Unless Levis started on it already and didn't let us know, that is.... :razz

I got a test on monday so I try not to do much coding because I need to study. but this weekend I'm of to the european championships as a referee and I will probally have some time to do some coding also when I'm on my hotel room. All in all I will probally check for most of the things next week ;).
This week is mainly for fixing some bugs etc.

Good luck and have fun :D I wouldn't expect ther to be work already anyhow xD

People have lives and I am sure you guys at times want a break from getting to Build 14 :D just glad we got some good ideas going on ;)

Back