• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Jewel And the Moneylender

sedulius

Powder Monkey
Banned
So, I'm 10 hours into the game and plenty well off when I decide to accept this moneylender jewel quest. I've turned off the foliage and gone into first person to look for his darned sapphire, and I've looked everywhere in the "Exit to Jungle" area. I've read in several different places that this quest is sometimes bugged and the jewel just never appears. That said, I'm am playing with the Combined Mod 3.2, so they may have removed the bug. I don't know. I'm just wanting to confirm whether it is bugged or not. It is driving crazy.

If it is bugged, I'll just not accept that quest ever again. It's a low pay quest anyways. It ought to be removed if it can't be fixed.

Its really not worth taking the money lender quests. He just doesn't pay very well. If he says that the jewel is next to the city gates, it often can be as far away as the farthest point away from the gate prior to leaving that game screen. I've found them by the cliffs next to the trails very close to where the next screen begins.

I don't think its bugged, just a royal paine in the ass....not worth the time or frustration.

How do you like 3.2 so far?

MK

It's very tiny.

try plucking 1 of your eye lashes, drop it on the ground outside your house.
Now find it.

That's what happen if you take the MoneyLender Quest.

Although,

It's really just outside the Town Gate.
It mean,

As you go out of the Town Gate.
It's somewhere in the next area of the map.

Find it near the side of the area.
It always appear near crowded bushes
or near a wall with bushes.

You have to step on it to get the '' Hand '' Icon to appear.
It's rather annoyying.

Bright White - Crystal or was it Jewel ?

Bright Blue - Sapphire

Bright Green ( hard to see, it's almost look like the ground ) - Emerald

Bright Red - Ruby

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll take one more look on another day and if I don't find it I'll just call it quits. The only reason I took it is I remember in the vanilla game taking it, and the jewel really was just right by the gates.

I could just ignore it, but I'm the completionist type when it comes to this kind of game. I don't like an unfinished quest on my log, unless it's a never ending quest (like Merchant Winds and the like).

It will disappear from active quest list after a while - couple of days I think - so don't worry about that.

This quest isn't that bad. Turn all the foliage off, as you did. You're looking for something very, very tiny.

As a general rule, only bother doing the quest if its a ruby. They stand out quite well against the ground with the foliage off so you can actually see them from a little bit away. Diamons, emeralds, sapphires... i agree with everyone else that it probably isn't worth your time.

That said, it does seem to spawn in a few select locations more often than not, so if you do the quest enough you'll figure out where to look.

Back