• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion The Legend of Pirates Online

Nikolab86

Powder Monkey
I do not know if you have ever played it or not, but this game formerly when it was still from Disney was called Pirates of the Caribbean Online. Today the game has been relaunched by some fans and is called Legends of Pirates Online. It is totally free, it works very well and works on both Mac Os and Windows. I recommend it, I was hooked before and now too.

Attachments

• C52CBBCB-77D3-4AB6-AAE3-BBE5E229E70E.jpeg
    C52CBBCB-77D3-4AB6-AAE3-BBE5E229E70E.jpeg
    11.6 KB · Views: 195
I think I had seen a bit of it back in the day, it wasn't as realistic as Akella PotC from what I remember; but it looked fun.

A few months ago I found out that fans would be putting it back online, nice to see it be a reality.
I really like that the community did this, it shows that if there is will for something, you can do it.

Though I do wander what Disney thinks of it. :unsure

Well, if that came, if you want to play here, you could create a guild for us.

I think I had seen a bit of it back in the day, it wasn't as realistic as Akella PotC from what I remember; but it looked fun.

A few months ago I found out that fans would be putting it back online, nice to see it be a reality.
I really like that the community did this, it shows that if there is will for something, you can do it.

Good idea! :onya

Though I am not sure for now, I have some games that I wanted to play, books to read, and quite a few ongoing modding projects.
But you never know, the time for it will probably come eventually. ;)

I do not know if you have ever played it or not, but this game formerly when it was still from Disney was called Pirates of the Caribbean Online. Today the game has been relaunched by some fans and is called Legends of Pirates Online. It is totally free, it works very well and works on both Mac Os and Windows. I recommend it, I was hooked before and now too.
They actually managed it? WOW! :shock

If you (or someone) can write a nice article with a link, we can post it as News to our main page; and our Facebook page.

I'd be curious too.
Maybe they see it as free advertising though.
They've never fussed towards us here either.

One of this site's founders works in promotion for a Disney-owned multimedia company now.
Perhaps he's got some sway to keep them from getting too worked up about copyright stuff with this franchise.
It IS about PIRATES, after all! :cheeky

I'd be curious too.
Maybe they see it as free advertising though.
They've never fussed towards us here either.
Possibly, it would certainly make sense at least.

After all we have been making NH for years, with no problems from what I know.

One of this site's founders works in promotion for a Disney-owned multimedia company now.
Perhaps he's got some sway to keep them from getting too worked up about copyright stuff with this franchise.
It IS about PIRATES, after all! :cheeky
That also helps. :aar

The New Horizons mod has Disney related content in it, but we haven't got any complaints from Disney.
The Legend of Pirates Online also is Disney related, and they too seem to not have problems with Disney.

Also when Pieter said about free advertising, he didn't mean your post, but the game.
Disney didn't have a part in the rerelease of PotC online, just like they didn't with New Horizons.
Still projects like these could be considered "advertisement" because they can help with maintaining, or sparking interest in the PotC franchise.

Hope this helped you understand this better. :cheers

Back