• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved The Maltese Abbey, Tavernbrawl bug, Falchion Sword, Shipyard Problem

FaxMate

Sailor Apprentice
Heiya Pirates and Pirateers,

I just wanted to ask if there is any more to the Maltese Abbey then this French Sword you can dig up, the rifle, the exorcism book or is there some sort of good weaponry or something inside the crypt I am not aware of?

Oh and if I am at it, where do I find my beloved falschion sword from the original game since the location isn't the same, or was it completely removed?
Thanks for the answers, Cheers

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't help with the Maltese Abbey.

The falchion is only available in the "Early Explorers" and "Spanish Main" periods. If you choose FreePlay in these periods as "Corsair", you'll start the game with one. Otherwise if you play in these periods, falchions will eventually show up randomly. The "Assassin" and "Bartolomeu" storylines are both set in the "Spanish Main" period.

Oh that´s disappointing, I loved it so much when I played the original game as a kid, but eventually I try one of those campaigns out. What about something like the black yataghan?

I don't recall a black yataghan, only the white one which is not all that wonderful as a weapon. There are, however, plenty of new swords available in Build 14 - indeed, if I remember correctly, the falchion was to be found in the cave on Oxbay (now Barbados), and is now replaced with one of those new swords, the Portuguese Officer's Sword.

If you're desperate to have the falchion back and don't want to play a new game in the "Spanish Main" period, edit the file "PROGRAM\Locations\init\Oxbay.c". Find this line:
Code:
Locations[n].items.randitem1 = "blade29";
Replace "blade29" with "blade21". Then start a new game in any period or any storyline.

Thank you, now I got one more question if oyu don´t mind. I am stuck with two Taverns, one in Falaise de Fleur and one on Isla de Muelle (Martinique and San Juan or Puerto Rico I think). I can enter both of them but I can´t talk to the Tavernkeeper because somebody started a bar brawl with me, now nobody wants to talk with me in there except new officers and I can´t finish the quest "Strange things going on in the Carribbean".

Do the tavernkeepers not reset if you sail away from the island and then return? If not, you may need to reload a savegame from before the bar brawls. The tavern in St. Pierre, Martinique should not be involved with "Strange Things Going On in the Caribbean", but the one in San Juan is.

Nope, sadly doesn´t work and the rawl in those two towns happened a long time ago, 20 levels ago or something, it´s fine for me, though, but thank you for the help. :)

Only the problem with the abbey left haha

I will do that, thank you, now has anyody any idea why the shipyard only sells ships to me if I own the town?

It's probably a warship. You can't buy those unless you have a Letter of Marque from the shipyard's nation, and anything bigger than tier 6 requires you to have a high enough rank as well. But if you own the town then you're the boss and can buy whatever you want!

There should be something in the "Options" menu controlling this. Look under the settings for realism.

I know what you mean but I disabled any limits for the shipyard, and if I sell a ship no matter what type or class, once I sold it, it becomes a lateen caravel in the shipyard. I don´t quite understand why that is happening.

There seems to be something seriously wrong with your game campaign and possibly with your installation.

I've tried disabling "Realistic Ship Purchase" in the "Options" menu. I was able to sell a ship, then buy back the same ship, in a Spanish shipyard when I had no Spanish Letter of Marque.

You may need to re-install the whole game and start a new campaign.

Back