• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Sea Wolf (Brig)

Frstwlf

Landlubber
Hello, I'm newly registrated but I've been peeping around for some time now.

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone that took part in the modding for CoAS, awesome job guys.

Now for the reason of my post. I don't know if you modders out there change the textures or the models, but if so, I could use some help.
On the Sea Wolf, when you look at the bow from a certain angle, there's a white glitch that appears, it's not because of the mod since it's the same on the vanilla model, but just thought I'd try asking for a fix enventually here, since you're good modders and I just don't have any experience with those files.

So I've included a screenshot even though I think you know what I'm talking about. If someone could do it, it'd be great.

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• start 2010-06-12 18-48-43-79.jpg
    start 2010-06-12 18-48-43-79.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 433
Thanks, but at the moment we don't have anyone working on ships, the best place to post this would be in Storm Engine Modeling in less a member of staff moves the topic there for you. Then a modler might fixing this problem which would then be added to the next patch. :onya

Sorry for the wrong forum, and thanks for having it moved.

Well then, if someone feels like fixing this little glitch let me know, it'd be nice :]

On the Sea Wolf, when you look at the bow from a certain angle, there's a white glitch that appears, it's not because of the mod since it's the same on the vanilla model

That's not a glitch, but a path model showing up (btw the bluebird has the same problem). Here is a cure for 'Sea Wolf' (place it in Resources>textures>ships>brigSW1 all three hull folders, but dont forget to make the BACKUP of the original file (just in case :rolleyes: )

View attachment brigVML.tga.zip

And here's the cure for 'Bluebird' (place same way in xebecVML1 hull folders)

View attachment checker.tga.zip

The texture inside zip should render the path model invisible

Thanks Iron Roger Flint, that works perfectly.

I have another problem, not regarding the Sea Wolf though.

As I've said before, I'm new to this game and modeling so what I'll write will probably seem a little... well, you'll see.
So I wanted the Arabella to have a "third sail" (I don't know the english name of this sail I'm sorry) on top of her masts, so basically what I did was take the masts of the "La Licorne" that comes with the CM v3 and replaced the Arabella ones with those. It works rather well, except that there is one rope that looks a little... misplaced. I'm talking about the one just above the waterline on the screenshot.

Is there any way I can fix this ?

Thanks again!

Attachments

• start 2010-06-18 17-32-43-80.jpg
    start 2010-06-18 17-32-43-80.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 270
I believe the third sail up would be "top gallent sail" pronounced "t'gant'sl". The next yard up from there would be the Royal. Royals were fairly uncommon in the middle 1700's.

I think the Arabella looks great with three sails on the fore & main.

Enjoy,
Greg.

You must be talking about the rope below the bowsprit?

Yes, I didn't know the name of this part either.

Ropes can be fixed through editing locators with the TOOL.

Alright I'll try with this. Thanks again :)

I believe the third sail up would be "top gallent sail" pronounced "t'gant'sl". The next yard up from there would be the Royal. Royals were fairly uncommon in the middle 1700's.

I think the Arabella looks great with three sails on the fore & main.

Enjoy,
Greg.

And thank you for the name of this sail.
Yeah I think she looks great with three sails too.

You must be talking about the rope below the bowsprit?

Yes, I didn't know the name of this part either.

The name of the rope in that location is called a "bobstay". The bobstay is used on small sailing boats to keep the bowsprit down against the stem. It carries the load of the forestay to the keel. On sailing ships such as these this function is performed by the Gammoning. By the late 1700s the spritsail (sail mounted under bowsprit) fell out of use and ships began carrying more headsails. To stiffen the bowsprit and jibboom a single or some time two spars were attached at the jibboom bowsprit doubling. The spar were mounted pointing toward the water. Sometimes perpendicular to the waterline of the ship, sometimes perpendicular to the bowsprit. These spars were sometimes called dolphin strikers. Their purpose was a spreader. Stays came from the head rails thorough the spreader then out to the jibboom. This stiffened the jibboom an allowed more sail to be set in front of the fore mast which also offset the power of the driver on the mizzen.

hope this helps,
Greg.

Hi,
Maybe the proper rope names could be used in build 15(CoAS)..coded in,it would help in locating bad rope data quicker :onya

Thanks, but at the moment we don't have anyone working on ships, the best place to post this would be in Storm Engine Modeling in less a member of staff moves the topic there for you. Then a modler might fixing this problem which would then be added to the next patch. :onya

We need more people working on character modeling realy.....ships are already plentyfull :shrug..although some ships do need the rope locators fixing.

We need more people working on character modeling realy.....ships are already plentyfull :shrug..although some ships do need the rope locators fixing.
I would like to get to doing this (waiting on your "instruction" sheet for Maya to Tool- nudge, nudge :rolleyes: )

Back