• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Temple On Hispañola

Mad Jack Wolfe

Master Mariner
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I've been playing this game, with the mod, for more years than I care to count. I don't recall ever stumbling across a temple on Hispañola before. Whether it's a recent addition or something I've missed for nearly twenty years, it's a fun find.

My question is: is it worth exploring, vis-à-vis the riches I might claim for myself?

Never mind. It's impossible to enter said temple. No riches at all, and, sadly, too many natives sacrificing themselves to protect nothing at all.

I've been playing this game, with the mod, for more years than I care to count. I don't recall ever stumbling across a temple on Hispañola before. Whether it's a recent addition or something I've missed for nearly twenty years, it's a fun find.

My question is: is it worth exploring, vis-à-vis the riches I might claim for myself?
Does the temple have the same model as the one on Cozumel?

The temple on Hispaniola has indeed been there for a long time - perhaps not quite 20 years because Hispaniola wasn't in the game that long ago, but certainly at least as long as Build 14. But you can't enter because the location file for Hispaniola does not include a link from the entrance to anywhere. (Actually that's not quite true. It has a link to "Hispaniola_Labirint_1" which is commented out, but "Hispaniola_Labirint_1" is not defined at all.)

The "Ardent" storyline makes use of this temple. In the storyline, the inside is identical to the one on Cozumel because I copied it. :D (Though it doesn't have the rooms with the teleporters or the big bird statue. This story doesn't need those.)

Interesting that there are multiple Indian sites. I think it would make sense if the other temples were smaller in scale.

Last edited:
Back