• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved TimeScaleCounter wtf

CaptnLysop

Sailor Apprentice
Whatever this is supposed to do:

File SEADOGS.C

Lots of "TimeScaleCounter =" and all under Parts where it seems to control the Game Speed.

NOW: Under

switch(ControlName)
{
case "TimeScale":
DeleteAttribute(pchar, "pause");
if (loadedLocation.type == "Underwater") return; //çàïðåò óñêîðåíèÿ ïîä âîäîé.
if(IsPerkIntoList("TimeSpeed"))
{
SetTimeScale(1.0);
TimeScaleCounter = 0;
Log_SetStringToLog("Time x1");
DelPerkFromActiveList("TimeSpeed");
}
else
{
SetTimeScale(GetSeaTimeScale());
TimeScaleCounter = 4;

I made it say

else
{
//SetTimeScale(GetSeaTimeScale());
SetTimeScale(3.0);
TimeScaleCounter = 4;

Now my Prob is will changing this mess up the time speed on land/seas if I e.g. switch to the Cabin, press pause, click the TimeScale-Button repeatedly?
If I could just understand WHAT it COUNTS with all them = 0 and = -3 and = 4 and stuff....
I just want tripple the speed instead of twice, and this works... so far, but I don't want any nasty surprises, like having permanent 2x or more or less speed because it messed up some of that counter-stuff? WHAT are they counting in the first place? PotC and AoP1 simply had SetTimeScale(2.0) or (3.0) and that worked all the time.

Oh yeah, little Tweak from me that shouldnt cause any harm:
Disable your TimeScale-Option on Land/Worldmap too with this:

case "TimeScale":
DeleteAttribute(pchar, "pause");
if (loadedLocation.type == "Underwater") return; //underwater disabler obviously
if (IsEntity(worldMap)) return; #worldmap disabler
if (bLandInterfaceStart) return; #land disabler
if(IsPerkIntoList("TimeSpeed")) #lol wtf is this too?

Just a random guess but i would imagine it means the speed of time, take for example world map has a speed increase. So what might seem only a few seconds when going into sail mode is a few hours. I don't know if speed is increased like it is on world map when under water or if its effected at all but thats my reading on it anyway. :shrug

Thx Luke, for the reply I mean, lol!

Alright: changing the TimeScaleCounter of case "timescale" don't do anything, switching to pause mode, worldmap etc. don't show a change in GameSpeed / TimeSpeed. Lol. Script, I surrender! :shrug

Long time since, I got it fixed, I even managed to add more heftier timescale modes (like x20 and x100 for off-map sailing, LOL).
Finally, these days of looking at scripts of various games and types (Python, c++, sqf, sqs) 24/7 finally paid off.

Back