• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved to change vessel's speed in Iron Man Setting.

Mograine

Landlubber
I like the idea of Iron Man setting, to sail and play the game close to realism! But alas, I have a problem with my Big Fella of a ship, it goes 1-2 knots against a wind (angled, of course), and sailing from island to island from S to N (when the wind in January mostly SE) as merchant is pain in the ass even with x20 speed.

Is there a way to make speed more like Arcade Setting (I think it's x3 time faster) while the rest to stay Iron Man?

You could switch the game to Arcade, then choose which realism elements you do want at the top of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h .

Yeah, this would work, only that now I can sail against the wind, and I don't see there is an option to change that...

Do you want to keep the Realistic Game Mode sailing model then, but faster?
Where there is a will, there is a way; but I can't look up the relevant code at the moment.

I want everything to be realistic except speed of the vessel. I want speed to be x2 just like Arcade but without Sailing Against the Wind Feature.

I want everything to be realistic except speed of the vessel. I want speed to be x2 just like Arcade but without Sailing Against the Wind Feature.
Your question suddenly started ringing a bell and I found we discussed something very similar before:
Need Help - Several minor bugs + questions

Look for my posts about "TurnRate" there. That'll lead you to the code you need to tweak.

So, before I fuck something up I should change values in Ships_init.c to each nation category? Screenshot
Before you do that, I'd suggest in PROGRAM\SEA_AI\AIShip.c find:
Code:
// Apply arcade mode
// NK switch to using defines -->
    if (iRealismMode == 0)
    {
        arCharShip.MaxSpeedZ = ARCADE_MULT_SPEED * stf(arCharShip.MaxSpeedZ);
        arCharShip.MaxSpeedY =    ARCADE_MULT_TURN* stf(arCharShip.MaxSpeedY);
    }
// NK <--
Replace with:
Code:
        arCharShip.MaxSpeedZ = ARCADE_MULT_SPEED * stf(arCharShip.MaxSpeedZ);
        arCharShip.MaxSpeedY =    ARCADE_MULT_TURN* stf(arCharShip.MaxSpeedY);
That way, the Arcade speed and turn rate multiplier are ALWAYS applied; and not just in Arcade Game Mode.

With a bit of luck, that'll do what you want without you having to make a lot of changes.

Back