• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help trace node not found

Myth

Freebooter
Good evening. In one of the debug files (system.log), I often see a record of this type. But I can not understand what causes it. Any ideas? Thank.

Warning: NPCharacter <GenChar_409>-> trace node not found

Good evening. In one of the debug files (system.log), I often see a record of this type. But I can not understand what causes it. Any ideas? Thank.

Warning: NPCharacter <GenChar_409>-> trace node not found

It is a problem teleporting a character because the x, y, z coordinates cannot be found within the boundaries .ptc patch file.

To help you, I have now added additional information to the message so it will contain the coordinates that were attempted and the name of the .ptc file:

Warning: NPCharacter <Carrier_479>-> trace node not found for -6.492476, 0.000000, -38.248806, file: E:\ERAS2.8Loyal\RESOURCE\models\locations\Town_Guadeloupe\Town\Guadeloupe_patch_day.ptc

You will then have to debug what you are sending in the various script functions that send the teleport message, like these:

TeleportCharacterToPos
TeleportCharacterToPosAy
TeleportCharacterToLocator

My guess is that it is TeleportCharacterToLocator where a particular locator might not be within the patch boundaries, or the feature if a locator space is already filled with another character, the "near locator" is passing x and z coordinates that are close to the locator, but fall outside the boundaries because the locator is near an edge.

Interestingly it turns out that the characters can go exactly to the points in the location, and not to the locator? I'll look at the code.It is surprising that this line is even for sedentary characters.

Interestingly it turns out that the characters can go exactly to the points in the location, and not to the locator? I'll look at the code.It is surprising that this line is even for sedentary characters.

Yes, the character will still be teleported and that teleport message does not contain any information about the state of a character or whether it is moving or sedentary, so it will get logged no matter. It is a warning, because if the character is not on the character patch, after teleport, it will not be able to walk/move, so the warning is issued to inform you.

For instance, in my above example of Guadeloupe:

Warning: NPCharacter <Carrier_479>-> trace node not found for -6.492476, 0.000000, -38.248806, file: E:\ERAS2.8Loyal\RESOURCE\models\locations\Town_Guadeloupe\Town\Guadeloupe_patch_day.ptc

If I am in town and teleport myself to that spot using console: TeleportCharacterToPos(pchar, -6.492476, 0.000000, -38.248806);

I will find myself in the water, underneath a part of the city that is out of view. That is where the Carrier types go while they are waiting to respawn in another carrier location when they walk in and out of doors around the city; putting them in this spot keeps that out of view of the main character. If you wait there, you will see them appear, then disappear as they respawn among the random locators used for the carriers. But they are stuck there, trying to walk, but they can't go anywhere because they are not on a patch. This of course is by design for those characters, so they do not have to be logged out, logged back in, but just temporarily disappear when they briefly walk through a door in the city and will reappear walking out of a door a little bit later.

Back