• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Transfer Between Two Companion Ships: Officer Transfer locks up

If those duplicates are made, do they get a new character index and ID?
Sorry, didn’t see this. I don’t think so, not quite anyway... the player can technically end up with multiples in their own passenger list but I don’t think it’s possible to have more than one in action. However, I think it is possible to place more than one in the officer slots so they would probably boost the stats, but only one would ever follow the player around.

Anyway, leaving a link here... [New Passenger Transfer Interface]

Last edited:
@Mere_Mortal, did you have a simple fix for this for the Beta 4 version of the interface?
Or does it require your new custom one to work properly?

Well, there is no fix really for the original interface. My guess is that the code was there in the first place to return the interface because companion-to-companion transfers were not possible, but it instead locked it up. The fix there is to just remove that code entirely, and/or disable the button to get there in the first place (as has already been done). Since there is pretty much either no functionality at all to companion-to-companion transfers or it is completely broken, then so long as the original interface is used it would probably be best to keep the button disabled.

My new file will completely allow for companion-to-companion transfers and works flawlessly in respect of passengers and officers. The only problem with it is that something is conflicting with the captain, so I have prevented him from being removed in any case where the sea is active. I personally don’t think it makes sense to change a captain at sea anyway, but this also means the player can’t do so at the port. It is for this reason that it is pretty much incompatible with capturing ships, which is why I’m forcing the original interface to be loaded after boarding. I can’t find the problem, I spent two weeks staring at that file and quite frankly I got sick the sight of it so I just improvised in the end.

Well, there is no fix really for the original interface. My guess is that the code was there in the first place to return the interface because companion-to-companion transfers were not possible, but it instead locked it up. The fix there is to just remove that code entirely, and/or disable the button to get there in the first place (as has already been done). Since there is pretty much either no functionality at all to companion-to-companion transfers or it is completely broken, then so long as the original interface is used it would probably be best to keep the button disabled.
Thanks for confirming that. Then for now I'll mark this as "Fixed" again.

Your new interface is a brand new feature and doesn't belong on the Bug Tracker. ;)

I remember something very similar was reported before.
That was fixed by preventing you from pressing that button.
Can't remember the specifics now, but it's on the Bug Archive.
I thought that one was in the Beta 4 public release, actually.

Back