• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

trying to improve dialog writing

Okay, this has nothing to do with my previous question but I ask it here anyway, since I already startet this thread.

I'm still working/testing/coding/whatever you want to call it in a stock game folder of mine, and currently I'm juggling some locations and imported a model from the modded folder (the Plantation). When I walk around there it's all grey with no real texture except for some grass. Did I miss anything to copy? I copied the RESOURCE/Models/Locations Folder and everything in Texture/lighting.

It's not just Textures/lighting but also all the files direct under Textures for most locations.

Why not switch to a full New Horizons variant of the game while there still is time. And you wouldn't have to bother about textures
as the Plantation already is in there.

Did I miss anything to copy?
Use GM Viewer to find the name of the textures the location model uses.

Why not switch to a full New Horizons variant of the game while there still is time. And you wouldn't have to bother about textures
as the Plantation already is in there.
Jack knows what he's talking about!
He also developed his quests on a path parallel from New Horizons for quite some time.
But eventually he merged them into the main mod.
I believe that was QUITE a lot of work! :shock

He also developed his quests on a path parallel from New Horizons for quite some time.
But eventually he merged them into the main mod.
I believe that was QUITE a lot of work!
Yes, it was that I was thinking of. It took me months - many months to get everything to work. :modding

Two reasons:

1) For the first steps, the smaller scale of the base game feels just simpler and easier, I'm still not that familiar with the whole world etc. of New Horizons despite having played most of the storylines.
2) You know I'm very fond of my own little version of the game as an alternative to the mod and the whole zest for action to create something quest-like comes still from there.

If the quest is finished (which it basically is as soon as I figured out this location thing) and there's the wish to have it in NH, that would be a completely different step. You who are more the "authorities" about which character models and islands and ships could be used etc. would have to give the corresponding input about porting what's basically my own separate Project. But I knew that, the chain of priorities was this one from the beginning:

1) Experimenting on a scale of quests
2) Creating my own quest for my own game version
3) See if it's suitable for the mod and think about adjusting and porting it

Fair enough.
Starting with something easy(ish) does help. :onya

See if it's suitable for the mod and think about adjusting and porting it
From my side at least, mostly everything is welcome to be added.
Unless you see secretly working on something REALLY terrible.
But that seems unlikely... ;)

From my side at least, mostly everything is welcome to be added.
Unless you see secretly working on something REALLY terrible.
But that seems unlikely... ;)
Haha. It's certainly rather simple, but sure, why not.

But I'd need help as soon as we get there. Do the locations make sense for NH or should we change them? Do the models make sense or should there others or even new ones? Is there anything about different campaigns or time periods that needs to be adjusted? Which ship should be used for the sea battle? Which sword should be the trophy, if any? Lots of stuff where I just don't have enough insight into the mod and what's wanted for it.

But I'd need help as soon as we get there. Do the locations make sense for NH or should we change them? Do the models make sense or should there others or even new ones? Is there anything about different campaigns or time periods that needs to be adjusted? Which ship should be used for the sea battle? Which sword should be the trophy, if any? Lots of stuff where I just don't have enough insight into the mod and what's wanted for it.
Virtually all answers would be: whatever it is that you want.
If needed, you could tweak things so ships/items/uniforms are period-correct though.
Would be weird to fight a fast frigate back in 1600, for example.
But other than that...? :shrug

Back