• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Turn over smuggling goods for relation boost option

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
In a tavern, I was offered the chance to turn over my smuggled goods for a small amount of gold and a relation boost with England. I had the starting 2 units from a castaway start. I agreed, and received the gold, but I can't see a relation boost. I waited a few days, but nothing seemed to change.

Is it because I had too few goods, or is something broken? Or maybe this is part of a quest?

(not sure if bug, but posting here in case it is)

Where did this option appear? It's new for me :p.

A british guy in the tavern. I had never seen it before either, but he said he was working on behalf of the governor, and turning over the smuggled goods would give me a relation boost. He also gave me 460 gold, which is pretty good for 2 units.

It was the first time I had seen such a guy. Maybe it is very rare, and also requires you to have contraband?

It was in one of the barbados towns, and he wasn't always there (he was there the 3rd time and I entered the tavern, and hasn't been back since). If that helps in figuring it out. ;)

it's in the random_captains_sit_tavern dialog.
I don't like that at all .... the way the contraband is handled there is different from the smugglers.
The relation is changed though according to the code
Code:
float points = stf(sum/4000);
                ChangeRMRelation(pchar, sti(Npchar.nation), -points); // PB: was UpdateRMRelation

But only very slightly. You need to bring a pretty large amount of contraband to notice any real change.

i met one in CharlesTown while working in my RolePlay Story and i didn't have anything to give so i didn't get to do anything i even travelled to near islands just for him and when i was back he was gone i lost a shit of money because of him that stupid basta i will kill him if i find him argggg:aar :keith:walkplank

Thanks Levis! By handled differently than for smugglers, do you mean it is too profitable? It does seem to pay a bit too much for not doing any work.

Thanks Levis! By handled differently than for smugglers, do you mean it is too profitable? It does seem to pay a bit too much for not doing any work.
exactly. he should at least pay less then the smugglers do because it has no risk at all. Plus it gives you a relation bonus so it should give even less.

That is part of the Crewmembers on Shore mod.
It was added at a time when not all towns actually had a smuggler yet, so this was a way to get past that missing feature.

Back