• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tweaking build 11

Izzie

Landlubber
As much as I like the new build somethings just aren't to my taste that I want to fix.
1. restore Gregor Samsa back to the way he used to be

2. Although I liked the random house fights I have never found a house empty since I installed build 11. This mean looting any chest now entails a fight which then messes up town faction and I can't talk to NPC's that I need to. I didn't want to turn it off but this doesn't work for me.

3. Does turning off the weapon mods turn off the item modifiers also. Will armor still be usable for me and my officers with this and the tailor mod turned off? I had read that officers in build 10 weren't using armor, not sure if that was true or not but I know you can get a false " read " off items. So just cuz the numbers day that it has adjusted it didn't really mean that it had. I tested this by changing stats on a gun once and even after using "I" it didn't work in any old saved games but it did in new ones.

1. gregor has only items that fits ya level ........ like the rest of the traders .... (in itemsinit.c it sayz clearly what levels the weapons will be able to be bought/found)

2. you do not have to firght in every house, wait 2 sec to see if they draw weapon at you, sometimes they don't, and only fight thugs, not normal citisen.

3. didn't try it, so i realy don't know.
in build 10.1 I allwayz equippet my officers with a cheap armour.
In which build did you change weapon stat, in 10.1 I tried making my own guns and weapons, also givin stats that where incredible, it worked fine..... but haven't tried in v.11 yet.
:cheers:

ok I changed the lv limits in the itemsinit.c to lv 1 started a new game just to check and he still isn't back to so called normal. But it isn't the weapons I was thinking about really. It was the items that he used to carry. He is now just another merchant with no more or less then any other. As far as the houses are concerned what I meant was NO house is every empty therefore if you loot a chest you either get a fight or the person and then all other citizens now run from me. If I had to fight them I often get guards that now attack me. The weapons I made to check was in build 10.1 and worked exactly the way I set them up in any new game just not in any saved game so a restart seemed to be needed. I played out that entire game and never had the damage go higher then the original gun. I personally just don't feel a lv cap is realistic to this type of game. It may fit well in some role playing games but not this type. Missing or min damage if your skill is lower yes, but a merchant would hardly ask you " what's your skill level " before selling you a weapon. For me it just don't fit. personal choice yes. I liked the way the VC thing was set up in 10.1 and the new traps are fitting =) But I don't want to get bogged down in mindless hack and slash just to gain levels.

Yes, they will fight you if you try to rob them, it's part of the "new realism" of the game... You can't be a "bad guy" on the sly for very long before someone catches you at it.

If you want to get good stuff to sell, go kill smugglers in the dungeons. I think once a day the chests in the dungeons `re-load` with stuff...

As far as "mindless hack and slash" is concerned, I understand. Try doing the game at a higher level of difficulty - I think you will find the tools and challenge a bit more to your liking.

I hope someone at the PMT is looking at this because I told them this would happen... I don't like the new way either, but hey... Until they fix it (if enough people bitc# about it), or until you find a fix (the code has changed, yes), this is it... :dio

The chests are a little more complex then just the house residents though. I tried not fighting and just running out the door. Now at first this seemed to work. The town citizens seemed ok, guards seemed cool till I got near the port gates. Now those 2 and only those 2 attacked me. Another time I left Oxbay and everything seemed fine. But when I walked back into the town later they all attacked me except for the guards on the jungle side of the gate. Why? Who knows. So I have given up on all chest searching, which to me is sad cuz I am losing my free will. Not everything that came with POTC was crap and it goes back to the old saying..if it aint' broke don't fix it. As far as the realism aspect goes..at lv 5 I can buy a class 2 ship but I can't buy a decent weapon??? xD: Sorry that just strikes me as funny.

<!--`QuoteBegin-Izzie`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Izzie)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->at lv 5 I can buy a class 2 ship but I can't buy a decent weapon??? [/quote]I complained about that, too... I think that will be a sore point with a lot of people, so hopefully with some feedback, a happy medium will be reached.

Just play on the upper challenge levels, it will seem more like the "old game" to you...

Fixed so that if no one sees you open a chest, then they don't attack.

Gregor Samsa's unique trading abilities was only meant to help debug the game, and get people who had played much but had to restart for modding reasons, up and running fast.

If you set DEBUG to 1 in BuildSettings.h you'll find he's back to normal. But, please, set it back to 0 when you're done; DEBUG controls a _lot_ of other stuff...

Turning off Weapons mod only affects the quality ranks; item skills will not be affected.
Though IIRC I may not have added the new models to plain vanilla swords, so you may not see the new textures.

Back