• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help two problems in creating quests

Myth

Freebooter
Good evening. There are two problems in creating quests that I can't solve. They are terribly infuriated because I have found only one solution: transferring problem lines to other files.

First: It doesn't always work "win_condition". Only those that are installed in the dialogue file are concerned. If I'm in the output of the dialogue case, I'm setting a goal - it doesn't always work. But it is necessary to transfer to the software case - works without problems. Is there a solution for dialog files?

Second: I teleport the main character using the lines that I have pointed out below. Sometimes only the first line is triggered in the dialogue. There is a screensaver with text and that's it. But the location is not loaded

SetLaunchFrameFormParam("Waterfall... Next day", "Reload_To_Location", 0.5, 2);
SetLaunchFrameReloadLocationParam("Jamaica_Near_Fort1", "goto", "goto1", "consanguinity_4_1_flashback2_0s");
LaunchFrameForm();

I know it. The problem isn't that I set a goal, but where. If I set the goal of "location" in the dialogue, it does not work sometimes. I transfer the same lines to the software file in exactly the same way - works.

Computers can be weird sometimes.
I've had stuff that should work but doesn't before.
As long as you figure something out in the end, that's the biggest thing. :onya

I fully understand that these are some of the "pitfalls" of the game, but I would like to find a solution. The fact that my understanding of scripts was enough to fix many problems and errors that are still alive in other games of the series. But these two problems are alive.

It's a weird thing. I'm dizzy. The lines that are located below only work if the main TIP does not have a "Player". If we can control the hero - the teleport fails.

SetLaunchFrameReloadLocationParam("Jamaica_Near_Fort1", "goto", "goto1", "consanguinity_4_1_flashback2_0s");
LaunchFrameForm();

It's a weird thing. I'm dizzy. The lines that are located below only work if the main TIP does not have a "Player". If we can control the hero - the teleport fails.

LaunchFrameForm();

To execute this within a dialog script, try replacing the last line LaunchFrameForm():

AddDialogExitQuest("LaunchFrameForm");

Back