• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

U.S. Navy: Pirate Hunters' Premieres Tuesday

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
[imgleft]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_cQOyQjTP3GY/SzdzZcJpthI/AAAAAAAAAIU/lTv6nE8qBxo/pa-logo.gif[/imgleft]I am still not quite sure what to think about this one, I will probably at least watch the first episode just to see how exactly they plan on doing this. I really hope they don't stoop to the usual "reality TV" crap. There is enough drama out there, they don't need to invent it!

U.S. Navy: Pirate Hunters' Premieres Tuesday

The latest government entity to mix security with entertainment is the U.S. Navy, which has teamed up Viacom to produce a reality program about pirate in the waters of the coast of East Africa.

"U.S. Navy: Pirate Hunters" Premieres Tuesday, June 8 At 11 p.m. (Eastern and Pacific) on Spike.

"Viewers will see the dramatic, tension-filled and high-stakes military mission first-hand as they patrol the ocean, board questionable vessels, get caught in gun battles and seize stolen goods and weapons," Viacom said in a press release.

Reality-production house 44 Blue Productions and producer Adam Friedman lead the production along with executive producer Rasha Drachkovitch.

Original story here :
http://www.governmentvideo.com/Blogs.aspx?id=95722&blogid=524

I finally got around to watching the first episode, and I must say, I was quite impressed! It was very well done, much better than I was expecting. The first episode follows the anti-piracy mission of the USS Gettysburg on her first patrol as the task force flagship in the Gulf of Aden. I won't give away to much, but it does show the frustration the anti-piracy teams have to deal with when trying to capture these bastards with their limited rules of engagement, and subsequently having to release them for "lack of evidence".

The show also gives a pretty good overview of the tactics involved. There are camera crews on the helicopters, on board the Navy speed boats with the anti-piracy teams, and on the bridge of the USS Gettysburg, so you do get to see all the action from pretty much every angle. If you get the chance to see this series, from what I have seen so far, I highly recommend watching it! :onya

Back