• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Undead Donald Duck

modernknight1

Field Marshall of Hot Tubs
Staff member
Storm Modder
Mates, Was just thinking about how ridiculous the sounds are in the background when the undead come after you. The only thing I can equate the noises to is a really pissed off undead Donald Duck yelling in the caves (tell me it doesn't sound like that xD: ). I was thinking that one of the Sound bite gods like Officerpuppy might have something scarier or more realistic. Spooky music, whistling wind, or super low voice chanting like in the Pirates of the Carribean ride at Disneyworld. Pissed off DD hasn't bothered me so bad I've looked for the og file yet to delete it, but we are getting close.

Any ideas??? :shrug

EDIT: If you want a scarier sound byte for Dead Donald, simply drop this http://www.filefront.com/15261367/skel.wav into RESOURCE/Sounds/Types replacing the existing skel wav file.

MK

Hmm...I'll go through the POTC and AOP sound effects though I suspect I might have to record one off a movie or something.

MK, are you referring to the gen_amb.ogg?

I'll dig it out Mates. Go into any dungeon, cave or grotto and wake the undead and you have to hear it. It sounds like Donald Duck with a lower voice really pissed off repeating himself. I'll check the gen_amb.ogg Thagarr to see if that's the one Mate. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks its silly. It's not scary at all. It makes me laugh everytime I hear it.

Edit: Found it. It's RESOURCE/Sounds/Types/skel

MK

Maybe one of the horror .wav files, they do sound a bit dead duckish! xD:

Nope, The horror 1,2,3 all sound pretty cool. They give that erie series of sounds surrounding that bright floating light in the dungeons/caves that spawns the undead. Have you looked at the moving reflection that the light casts onto the walls? - All kinds of twisted skulls and spirits slowly rotating about looking as if they're in great anguish and very angry about being stuck there. The offending sound is called skel (RESOURCE/Sounds/Types/skel). Take a listen and you'll see what I'm talking about. I know we could do better.

MK

I found a sound from POTC that might make a decent substitute. Give that sound a try.

Not quite scary enough for me. More of a background noise. I want something that will replace dead donald with the same intensity. I came up with this and I'm pretty happy with it.

http://www.filefront.com/15261367/skel.wav

I'm still trying a couple others. There's a really creepy low pitched buddist chant I'm cutting down now so there's no gap. If that turns out good, I'll try that. Now I just need to find your Brotherhood of the Wolf file again. I lost it the last time I loaded the combined mod. I don't use the whole thing, but I like the one creepy track you have in there for the dungeons and caves.

MK

Ahh, yup, now I understand MK! definitely dead Donald Duck!

Mates I'm glad you see (hear)it now. Once you make the connection, its hard not to envision Donald lost down there in the caves and really angry about the whole thing. :no

Hey Superchango, Did you modulate the existing wav, or is that something new you dug up? I like it.

@ OP, Found the music file. Thanks! You know one thing I've noticed about uploading some of the music packages (not just yours) is that there is some inconsistency. You can go into certain towns and no music will play at all. :shrug

MK

Back