• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Unplayable FPS when using new horizons mod

Stede Bonnet

Landlubber
I just installed the 130121 update.
When I just had the latest release of New Horizons installed: Game runs pretty smooth
After installing 130121 update: Laggy hellscape, where every time I go outside I spend the next minute or so in 3 FPS.

I installed the update by extracting the contents of the .ZIP and pasting it into the game's folder, accepting any overwrites it asked for.

Is the update supposed to do this?
Or is my computer cursed?

From your other thread, you previously made some changes to "engine.ini" to make the game work better. The update overwrote "engine.ini", so you'll want to edit it again.

When you do, remove this line:
Code:
postprocess = 1
See if that improves the game's performance.

True, unless if the Intel fix was installed from the get go.

At any rate something should be going wrong.
Another guess if the available memory is too little, or maybe the hard drive is on it's way out.
@Stede Bonnet's PC seems quite good, at least as far as the CPU/GPU go.

Installed the Intel graphics fix, no change.
The available RAM should be somewhere around 4-8GB, which I believe should be more than enough.
I'll run a check on the RAM sticks tonight, see if they discover some bad sectors.
Will also run a dickcheck on my C: drive, just to be certain.

Ref my latest post in the "Technical issues" section on the forum, I got the base game working in regards to saves. Still no luck on New Horizons tho... :/

Back