• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Up to modding items again

Cap'n Cornish

Landlubber
I'm at it again adding new swords etc

This time I've copied the Highlander and changed its texture file so that it is blue and gold instead of red and called it a British Naval sword, and renamed the texture file to blade 28 and also the model to blade 28.

I haven't copied it all over yet but correct me if I'm wrong this should work or do i have to change something else to get the model to use the new textures?

well you would have to get a hex edditing program.open the model with the program and have it correspond with the texture.

Then go into itemsinit.c (or somethin like that) and copy the stats of the original highlander and change the file names.

I think thats it but I could be leaving something out.

If you are using the Build then you'll have to enter the properties for the new sword twice in the initItems.c file.
This is so that people can use it if they are using Scheffnow's Weapons Mod and if they have got that mod disabled.

I've used this freeware hex editing program in the past:
<a href="http://www.hhdsoftware.com/hexeditor.html" target="_blank">http://www.hhdsoftware.com/hexeditor.html</a>

Hopefully it should be good enough for the job.

1. Copy model and rename to something else.
2. Copy texture and rename to something with the same number of letters. See the Tools of the Trade post for details on the Modders Code used to distinguish your new texture from someone else's.
3. Hexedit the new model so it referes to the new texture, i.e. change blade24.tga to 64ade24.tga.

From memory (as I've not used it for a year or more) when you open a file the left hand pane is in HEX and the right is the HEX translated into ASCII

Just use the search function to find tga and it whould highlight the found text in both panes and in the right hand pane you can see that tga is highlighted.
When you change something you just have to change it in one pane and the otherone should copy it, so you only have to change the ASCII text and the program will do the HEX translation for you.

I did it but it didn't work everyone had the damned swords and they were invisible.

If I send the files to someone can they fix it for me please?

Also I've created the picture for the inventory and tried adding a new set of interface textures, `items_9-3` upto 9+3 and they dont work either ne ideas neone?

Back