• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

update help

longjohn

Landlubber
I grew up in the GI JOE era (before you could stick a battery up his bunghole.) AVAST !!! BEFORE COMPUTERS!
So, I need VERY SIMPLE directions. I downloaded the full build 13 from Pieter's site and installed it ok. Now I have downloaded the addon/update. It is extracted to a folder on my desktop. What next. I read the readmes but just get confused. It has 4 folders and 2 ?read files. What goes where and where is that???
Much abliged for and help.
and don't laugh. You'll be old too, someday.
Longjohn

After you run the Build 13 installer, you need to extract the update to the game folder. (Usually C:/Program Files/Bethesda Softworks/Pirates of the Caribbean if I remember correctly) When you extract it there, it will overwrite the old files that have been updated. Any more questions, let us know. Good to have you aboard!

<!--quoteo(post=175092:date=Dec 8 2006, 12:46 PM:name=Doober)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doober @ Dec 8 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]175092[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
After you run the Build 13 installer, you need to extract the update to the game folder. (Usually C:/Program Files/Bethesda Softworks/Pirates of the Caribbean if I remember correctly) When you extract it there, it will overwrite the old files that have been updated. Any more questions, let us know. Good to have you aboard!
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

it gives th choices "extract here", and "extract to pirates of the carribean \b13_update1\"
which one?

Umm, I'm not quite sure what your asking, if you have a browse button, click on that and then find your Pirates of the Caribbean folder and click on that. That is the folder that it needs to be extracted to. You don't want to extract it to a subfolder called b13_update1.

<!--quoteo(post=175123:date=Dec 8 2006, 05:28 PM:name=Doober)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doober @ Dec 8 2006, 05:28 PM) [snapback]175123[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Umm, I'm not quite sure what your asking, if you have a browse button, click on that and then find your Pirates of the Caribbean folder and click on that. That is the folder that it needs to be extracted to. You don't want to extract it to a subfolder called b13_update1.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

got it, thanks matey

Back