• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Upper left hand corner icons no longer showing

smrtwhkd

Master Mariner
Hi I am currently playing the latest build (as of Aug, 2021). I noticed that the icons at upper left hand corner are no longer displaying. Things like tavern, store, shipyard etc. This bug is only restricted to places. People and characters icons are still showing. This is my first time seeing this. I have never seen this bug in previous updates before.

Attachments

• Bug.png
    Bug.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 121
  • compile.log
    14.7 KB · Views: 102
  • error.log
    116 bytes · Views: 99
  • system.log
    8.9 KB · Views: 107
No one has an answer to this issue? Right now, it is kinda annoying. Especially when I go to a new town searching for Tavern or Store. I could be standing right in front of one but don't recognize it.

No one has an answer to this issue? Right now, it is kinda annoying. Especially when I go to a new town searching for Tavern or Store. I could be standing right in front of one but don't recognize it.

Well maybe no-one else has the problem. My install is fine (for example). If I were you I would put my saves to one side, re-install and see if you still have the issue. If so zip up a saved game to be looked at, if not....

Hmm... Weird. I restarted a new career. Now the problem is gone. I spot another weird thing. I was playing Charles Ardent and I entered the main square in Havanna. There are are a few doors in that little yard to the left of the store. I tried to open those (obvious they don't open). Then I turned to talk to the people in the square and I couldn't talk to them any more.

Maybe if you press F9 twice (once to hide the interface; then again to make it appear) could 'reset' it?

I was playing Charles Ardent and I entered the main square in Havanna. There are are a few doors in that little yard to the left of the store. I tried to open those (obvious they don't open). Then I turned to talk to the people in the square and I couldn't talk to them any more
I wonder if one of those doors might have had an invalid reload; so you got half loaded to the next scene and half remained where you are.
@Grey Roger or @Jack Rackham; could that be the case in Havana?
Any recent updates there...?

As workaround, maybe if you save and reload that save things will behave themselves again?

Hmm... Weird. I restarted a new career. Now the problem is gone. I spot another weird thing. I was playing Charles Ardent and I entered the main square in Havanna. There are are a few doors in that little yard to the left of the store. I tried to open those (obvious they don't open). Then I turned to talk to the people in the square and I couldn't talk to them any more.
That part of Havana is a clone of part of Port Royale, with doors repurposed. The door to the tavern in Port Royale is the door to the store in Havana, and the door to the store in Port Royale isn't used. Pretend you're in Port Royale, go to what would be Thomas O'Reily's shop, and see if the same thing happens.

Update: the problem is indeed with the door that leads to Port Royale store, and goes nowhere in Havana. When you try to enter, the reload code detects that there is no valid destination and bails out. Nobody will then talk to you, including your own officers. Going to any other valid location, e.g. the real store or Havana centre, restores all talking, even if you then return to the area with the store.

Additional update: I've commented out the lines in "PROGRAM\Locations\init\Cuba.c" which define the reload for "door_11" but lead nowhere. Then I found a few more dead-end reload definitions in some other location files, checked by going to the places in question that they cause the same error, and commented them out too. As of the 28th October update, you can go to the door in Havana without losing the ability to talk to people, and also a couple of places in Willemstad, Marigot, and the jungle on Turks Island.

Last edited:
Back