• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Abandoned Use of Neptune's Trident on land?

Captain Dixi

Sailor Apprentice
Hearts of Oak Donator
Clearly not a bug, but just an idea.

With the Trident we can change the weather at sea. I think it would be cool to also be able to change the weather on land. For some reason I just hate it when it is raining while I run around on caribbean islands, would be great to just be able to make the sun shine.

The only way I can think of would involve reloading the entire scene, because I don't think semi-dynamic weather updates work ashore.

Having sailed around the Caribbean for a great part of my life, I can confirm that it DOES rain there. Sometimes quite a lot too.
Especially during the rainy season, which is actually programmed into the game as well.

Well I have never sailed in the Caribbean, the flights to get there were always a bit expensive compared to Europe. I mean to the North Sea or the Baltic Sea I can drive and to Mallorca or Sardina the flights are cheap. So I have more money for food and drinks. But I think I should sail in the Caribbean soon, maybe this summer or next? But it better not rain there when I go there!!!:aar

That's the reason why I stopped sailing up north. I always had bad luck with the weather. It is interesting and challening to sail at 10 bft., but not really that much fun. Especially if only 3 or 4 people on board remain operational, while the rest start to beg for their lifes to end.

But I would not mind some input on where in the Caribbean it is nicest. To explain, I like relaxed sailing, good food (can be exotic) and beautiful islands or shores to look at while sailing as well as nice beaches with nice bars to sit in after sailing.

Ok, now that was off-topic...

It was only an idea that sounded fun in my head, because in my game it is rainy season and I hate it. But this is clearly not important at all.

When I was in the Caribbean, I was there working as officer on ships. So didn't really get to enjoy the places all that much.

Barbados was always a favourite. Aruba/Bonaire/Curacao are fun too. Perhaps St. Vincent and the Grenadines? Puerto Rico is a nice town too.
I'd avoid the more commercial places, though. US Virgin Islands didn't seem so great to me, for example. :shrug

Back