• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

USS Enterprise (1799)

Hey, she's your ship- you should be proud; I'm just making pretty screenshots! :doff

Great work as usual!
doff.gif

Pgargon, nice upgrade mate. How do you fix the revers lighting bug as it is hapening to me to if I re-texture a ship? Do you know what causes it? And how do you add the dead-eyes to the ratlines? I add them with the tool but the ratlines still go to the board not the dead-eyes. :bow

Retexturing a ship doesn't cause the reverse lighting issue. However, using the TOOL to add/remove model parts could.
Using the TOOL to just do locator work doesn't though.

And how do you add the dead-eyes to the ratlines? I add them with the tool but the ratlines still go to the board not the dead-eyes. :bow
The ratlines are placed with four locators in the 'vants' group (two for the top, two for the bottom).
You need to adjust the lower two locators so that they only go down to the deadeyes you added, and not all the way down as usual.
By the way, I reckon the best way to add details is not directly to the main model (that seems to cause reverse lighting), but to put the extra details into a single separate model, and add a geometry locator to the main hull to make the extras appear in-game.
That, I believe, is what Seb did to many of the PotC ships, and quite successfully too.
me.gif

I can confirm that is what Seb did. Advantage: no reverse lighting bug on the original ship, only on the added details.
And that can't be helped unless you want to do the remodeling with Maya, which is a lot more complicated.

Thank you all.
@Craiggo
I hope your questions are answered yes now. What ship is with the reverse lighting bug? :rolleyes:

Thank you all. So just add the details model as a separate model and place a locator for the model gm with the tool. OK.

Pgargon, yes that did answer my question. It is a schooner from PoTC that I re-textured and added details to with the tool.

Back