• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

VB Runtime Error with engine.exe - where can I find store.zip?

Heretik

Privateer
Storm Modder
Hey guys!

Well, I figured that after spending all day modelling, that I would reinstall POTC, grab the latest build, and see what kind of chaos I could cause while checking out all the sweet new options that you guys have put in. Except that I got a VB Runtime error with engine.exe. I searched the forums, and it appears that two people have had this problem before, and both of them were told to put in "the attached file, store.zip". These were made for earlier builds I think, so if this isn't what I need - please give me a hand and help me try to figure out how to fix it. Thank you very much!

I kept looking through instructions, and I realized that I was trying to just install build 14 alpha6. So I then Downloaded Build 13 Full but when I double click on the .exe nothing happens. It didn't come with a readme - I tried it both in the installation directory, and somewhere else. I then uninstalled/reinstalled again and installed the build 13 prebase, and while it unzipped, I had the same VB6 runtime error. Right now I'm downloading Build 12 full, and b13 update 2. lol after this I'll be out of things to download when something goes wrong hahaha.

please help!

well, nosie has update 1 for build 13 in his sig. of course, if someone would be so nice to give the file it would likely solve it as well.

Thanks Morgan!

And I got it running - I just had to download pretty much everything off of Pieter's site hahaha. I installed build 12, then prebuild 13, then 13 update 3, then build 14 alpha 6 on top of that.

That should work. There are two installation methods:
1) Build 13 Full
2) Build 13 Update 3

OR

1) Build 12.1
2) Pre Build 13 Base
3) Build 13 Update 3 FULL

Please make sure you did install Update 3 FULL if you chose the second method!

Once you installed Build 13 as described above, you can install Build 14 Alpha 6 on top. It doesn't matter which of the two options above you chose.

Back