• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help What do I need for a vanilla-like stable experience?

Useraro

Landlubber
I really liked Age of Pirates 2 as a teen but found it very unstable. I have no idea what's the difference between age of pirates 2 and sea dogs (they both have "city of abandoned ships" as part of their title? what?). I just want a game that plays like it but is more stable. Extra features are unnecessary and I'd rather not have them if they detract from the original (I kinda liked the plot of the guy who got framed and ended up in a slave plantation for some reason, I wonder where it went...). So what game do I play (this one or age of pirates 2?) and do I install gentlemen of fortune (which version? 2.0 or v1.2?) or nothing at all or some other mod? Thanks.

Playing as Peter Blood should give you the "Doctor who gets framed and forced to work on a plantation" storyline.

Playing as Peter Blood should give you the "Doctor who gets framed and forced to work on a plantation" storyline.
So sea dogs city of abandoned ships + Peter Blood character? Do I need any mods for extra stability or is the gog version alone enough?

I really liked Age of Pirates 2 as a teen but found it very unstable. I have no idea what's the difference between age of pirates 2 and sea dogs (they both have "city of abandoned ships" as part of their title? what?). I just want a game that plays like it but is more stable. Extra features are unnecessary and I'd rather not have them if they detract from the original (I kinda liked the plot of the guy who got framed and ended up in a slave plantation for some reason, I wonder where it went...). So what game do I play (this one or age of pirates 2?) and do I install gentlemen of fortune (which version? 2.0 or v1.2?) or nothing at all or some other mod? Thanks.
You might want to search for Maelstrom Engine. City of Abandoned Ships was, by far, the best version made, but really unstable after you get deeper into the story and the naval battles go to a larger scale. It seems a guy solved this with Maelstrom, but you have to pay for that engine. I did not try it, some said they did and it is great. To me the graphics is impossible in 2023, sadly noone thought to upgrade . Imho that game could rock with upgraded graphics, characters, fluid videos adjusted to 2023. Just some minor changes regarding island connections, nothing else.

Back