• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What Happens After Build 14 Final?

simwake26

Powder Monkey
Storm Modder
I was just wondering what happens after Build 14 final is complete. I know there was talk of porting the entire build to COAS, but that was before the news that the source code would be made available. Is this still the objective? :shrug

Also, Pieter, what length of time would you guess that Build 14 will be at the Beta stage before it becomes final? The reason being that I still have a lot of work which I would like to include before this happens. Cheers :onya

What we'll do exactly, we don't yet know. First we'll need to actually GET that source code.
It's been almost two months. I'm beginning to wonder...

Anyway, I don't seriously look ahead that far. For now, I'll be happy if Build 14 is done.
I do know what I would want after that, but that's a LOT of work.

Build 14 will probably stay in Beta for a looong time.
Wouldn't surprise me if it'd stay in Beta for one or two years.
It all depends largely on luck. And on how much we need to get done and actually do get done.
We've always worked on an "it's done when it's done" basis and that's the only way we can work, I think.
We won't call Build 14 Final until we're of the opinion that we've gotten it stable and finished.

What we'll do exactly, we don't yet know. First we'll need to actually GET that source code.
It's been almost two months. I'm beginning to wonder...
About Coas, I can't find it in my country. In my case, I won't work on a game I can't even buy.. :facepalm

I can't find it either and was forced to obtain the files through less legitimate means.
The game's available for online purchasable download now though. At last.

I try to prevent it as much as possible as well. For now, I've got no serious CoAS intentions. :no

Back