• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Whats up with the guns?

Merciless Mark

Build mod - Master Gunner
Storm Modder
Fresh install, up to build 14 Alpha 7 now, but when i fire the guns in a clean install i barley hear them and they sound crackled, i look in the sound_alias.ini and rackhams sound properties for his cannon sounds isnt even in there anymore...

Thank godness I'm not the only one with that problem. First I thought it has something to do with using a music pack but when you say that you use a clean installation it should something else wrong with the gun sounds.
Unfortunely I don't know what it could be.
But I have the problem only in third person view. In first person view everything is allright with the sounds.
pirate_kk say that he changed something about sound but I really don't know what he has changed.

This is what pirate_kk say about changing sounds in an other Thread.
<!--QuoteBegin-pirate_kk+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pirate_kk)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Well, I must explain what I've done with music and sounds.

In some point I observed that there were some sounds missing due to limitations in RESOURCE\INI\ALIASES\sound_alias.ini. So, I rewrote the code so it uses "double" methods: uses sound_alias.ini and, additionally, sounds from PROGRAM\sound\alias\sounds_<language>.c. I also wanted ensure that player would automatically select correct sounds, greetings, etc after switching a language, without necessity of copying or renaming any external files.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Back