• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

When will the build mod 14 have a final version (be stable?)

tommy61157

Unofficial Pirate Potato
Staff member
QA Tester
Provisional
Storm Modder
Hey, I would love to have the build mod 14, but I've heard of literally over 30 problems with it, when will the build mod be a stable mod? Any general timeline or dates at all? :shrug

:keith

It's not too bad so far, if you don't try to play it on vista/windows 7, or on a laptop(with intel gpu). I guess the main issue is there is quite a lot of work/fixes going on currently, so trying to play a game could be frustrating, as new updates will come out forcing you to start over etc. Still that is why it's called a beta ;)

I'd jump right in though as there is plenty of pirate and naughtical fun to be had, more so than other games of this type, even with the outstanding issues. And if you find problems and report them to us, you'll be helping make the game better, quicker :yes

I have windows 7 on a laptop (but it doesn't have anything on it from intel) Plus I was hoping someone could at least tell me like "end of 2012" or "summer of 2012" or something like that at least...

There is NO problem with Windows 7 whatsoever. Just don't install to Program Files. But that applies to Build 13 also.

We've been managing to track down a few of the annoying bugs there were, so the next release will be less buggy for sure.

As for a timeframe, we have none to give you. We need some coders to finish some stuff and it's just not happening right now.
If we can get someone to do that, we could release in a few months. If not, it'll be a LOT longer. :modding

I've decided to give build mod 14 a chance, if it doesn't work, then I'll just reinstall POTC and build mod 13 and I'll be sure to keep my build mod 13 saves until I'm sure I'll stick with build mod 14, thanks guys :cheers

Back