• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Where are these Ships? COAS CM V3

storm

Landlubber
Hello

Congratulations to this great Mod for Coas... i enjoy playing several hours a day

But now i have a Problem
I ve played the Coas Combined Mod a entire Week and yesterday i have do a Test Run of several Ships via Start Ship Entrys in the RPGutil
because many Ships are not seen or very rare.
Then i read the Worst and Best Coas Ship Thread an i noticed Ship Names thad does not appear in the Ship Init c

Where are these Ships or what is the other Name of it
The Following i search

Wappen von Hamburg
Sovereign of the Seas
Queen Annas Revenge
Royal Sovereign

What thier Names in the Ship Init C ??

Then whats happen to the Santissima Trinidad..??

Greeetings from Germany

Storm

No the ships_init.c doesn't effect the ships names its common.ini that has the ships names, the ships names have been changed but no ships have been removed just the names changed. Queen Anne's Revenge you can easily name yourself i think we used the Corvette5 for her. Anyway in common.ini look for the Corvette5 and you will see 4 lines of code for her, the code will look something like this.

Code:
string = Corvette5,"Heavy Corvette"
string = Corvette5Gen,"Heavy Corvette"
string = Corvette5Acc,"Heavy Corvette"
string = Corvette5Dat,"Heavy Corvette"

Change the name Heavy Corvette or what ever the ships name is to what ever you want but all 4 lines must read the same so once you have decided on a name use copy and paste and then save the file, its that simple.

Storm,

The only ship in the list you queried about that we have in the game is Wappen von Hamburg and she is currently called Lineship??? Might be Heavy Lineship?

We used to have the Queen Anne's Revenge, but she looked nothing like the actual ship, so we changed it to Carrack and threw out that texture.

The other British ships you mention are not in game, but part of the wish list of my favorite historical ships. I made two lists. My favorite ships in game and my favorite real historical ships(most of which are not in the game unfortunately). I plan to update those lists very soon.

I will say that there are some very similar ships to the ones you asked about though. Craiggo has done some fine work for GOF and tons of new textures/ships will be unveiled with the release of Gentlemen of Fortune (GOF). Just keep playing and you will be vey surprised at what you run into. ;)

MK

In the Thread http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16676-best-and-worst-coas-ships/
Best and Worst Coas Ships..

The Sovereign of the Seas is listed by several Users
It exists i think

MK's Top Twenty (+) favorite REAL historic Ships picks

Zeven Provincien 1665
Hollandia
Prinz Willem 1649
HMS Prince 1670
Wasa
HMS Mordaunt
HMS Lenox
Brederode
Aemelia
Eendracht
Wappen von Hamburg
William zu Pferde
Batavia
Roter Lowe
Sovereign of the Seas
Henry Grace a Dieu
Mary Rose
St. Louis
La Corounne
Santa Caterina do Monte Sanai

Whats up with that ?

Greetings

Storm

No what MK means is we don't have a model based on those ships, we had named some ships by historical names but it didn't make sense since the models was nothing like those ships so the names was changed. The models the ships shared the names with are still in CMV3.2 just they are now called different names. Take the ship Arabella we all know her as Arabella but in game she's actually called Frigate.

From the list abobe the following ships are in the game.

La Corounne
Zeven Provincien
HMS Mordaunt
Wappen von Hamburg
Batavia

All the other ships are not in the game but in a previous mod a ship may have used one of those names at one point or other.

The Sovereign of the Seas is similar to La Couronne, but with 1 more gun deck and far more carvings. Actually the French ship was an answer to the British flagship that, although less powerful, was a better sailor and more stable gun platform. Yet the SOTS is one of the most powerful ships of the 17th century, and the most expensive by far. Perhaps pgargan might have look at it, we will be eternally in debt to him. :bow

BTW what is the name of Wappen von Hamburg in the textures file? Still like that? cause it is not in the shiputilities, at least not in that name

BTW what is the name of Wappen von Hamburg in the textures file? Still like that? cause it is not in the shiputilities, at least not in that name

that is my question too....

Under what Name is that Ship in the Ship Init..

Some Kind of Warship i think

Greetings

Back