• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

where is Mosquitoes?

<!--quoteo(post=324228:date=Jun 1 2009, 10:59 AM:name=nouveauriche)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nouveauriche @ Jun 1 2009, 10:59 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324228"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->just got a treasure map with the location at Mosquitoes.. any idea?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

West main, but u have two of them, i think u need southern.

<!--quoteo(post=324230:date=Jun 1 2009, 01:24 PM:name=Tonni)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tonni @ Jun 1 2009, 01:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324230"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=324228:date=Jun 1 2009, 10:59 AM:name=nouveauriche)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nouveauriche @ Jun 1 2009, 10:59 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324228"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->just got a treasure map with the location at Mosquitoes.. any idea?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

West main, but u have two of them, i think u need southern.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
There is Mosquitoes Shore and Mosquitoes Gulf.

Shores of Mosquitoes?

I went there. Landed. Entered jungle. Turned right. Found the cave. Entered.

The map claimed the treasure is under some boards at a dead end. I never found it. After entering the cave you can go right or left. Left contains 5 dead ends, one with a blue light. The right contains 5 more dead ends and a large room. After walking every inch of the place for a few hours without finding any treasure, I left.

The problem with a game with so many bugs, is you never know when to write something off as another bug or keep trying.

You entered the wrong cave. I had the same problem with another map at another place. The map says it's supposed to be on the coast but it was actually pretty far inland.

Hi folks,

I have the very same treasure map (shores of mosquitoes) and can't find the darn cave. There is no cave on the shore right? Also inland the path only leads to Tenochtitlan without any intersections. Did I miss it somehow? Alternatively I searched the cave off the beach to the right on Mosquito Gulf, to no avail...

Anybody got a clue? Any help is appreciated...

1. Lots of info is mistaken during the translation. You should look in both location.
2. As for where exactly is the treasure - it is NOT in a chest - you must get very close to the dead end and a hand will appear (when you cross a pit you are near)

Thanks so far Handel...

yet I'm still puzzled. From your post (...you should look in both locations...) I gather there is a cave near Mosquitoes Shore (near Santa Catalina)? I know the cave inland from Mosquito Gulf. I already checked that out, but the confirmation message didn't show up (The treasure is nearby or close or whatever...).

But where is the cave near Mosquitoes Shore?

Thanks for any help...

Thanks so far Handel...

yet I'm still puzzled. From your post (...you should look in both locations...) I gather there is a cave near Mosquitoes Shore (near Santa Catalina)? I know the cave inland from Mosquito Gulf. I already checked that out, but the confirmation message didn't show up (The treasure is nearby or close or whatever...).

Thanks for any help...

Once you gain 4-5 levels you are able to buy local maps from the traders. The caves are shown there. But even without map they are not hard to be found - just hug always the left (or the right side) and you will find the cave (this is the standart way to deal with simple labirinths). And at some locatiosn there are more then one cave. Actually when the treasure is "under the planks at the dead end" this is not a cave but abandoned mine.
And I never ever met a bug with the treasures so be sure it is there - just waiting to be found.

Thanks so far Handel...

Thanks for any help...

Once you gain 4-5 levels you are able to buy local maps from the traders. The caves are shown there. But even without map they are not hard to be found - just hug always the left (or the right side) and you will find the cave (this is the standart way to deal with simple labirinths). And at some locatiosn there are more then one cave. Actually when the treasure is "under the planks at the dead end" this is not a cave but abandoned mine.
And I never ever met a bug with the treasures so be sure it is there - just waiting to be found.

"... for those who seek will find it!"
Thanks for your advice. I finally found the right cave. 'Twas the one close to Porto Bello :)

To everyone: so the treasure maps give sometimes only the rough location. Start with the closest cave then widen your search...

Back