• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Which download?

Went online to download update directed to ITCH, downloaded then found a thread comment "B14 is no longer the latest version of the mod, visit our forum to download the latest and greatest Beyond New Horizons standalone modification! And if you have any trouble installing the game or want to ask a question,"
So Which b14 download is the revision? Which is the correct download for the game? How do I tell them apart? Is the Dx 9 version update mandatory?

Another functional ? why such a huge file? Has anyone considered separating the various game scenarios into smaller programs? I like playing Free Play and Hawk, but all the other historical games are excess burden in drive space taken which I will not use. Can anyone just separate the modules so we users can pick the scenarios we want to play and leave the excess baggage out of our drive space?

Thanks

Last edited:
You do not need B14 if you are installing "Beyond New Horizons".

To remove the storylines you don't want, go into "PROGRAM\Storyline". Remove all the folders except "FreePlay" and "standard". Remove all the single files at the top level of "PROGRAM\Storyline" except "FreePlay.c" and "standard.c". Then go into "RESOURCE\INI\ENGLISH\TEXTS\Storyline" and remove all folders except "FreePlay" and "standard". You'll also want to do that for "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\SPANISH\Storyline" and "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\RUSSIAN\Storyline".

In fact, depending on which language you want to use, you could remove either "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\SPANISH" or "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\RUSSIAN" entirely. Even if you're playing in Spanish or Russian, I'd advise against removing "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH" as the game will want to start in English before switching to your chosen language and may cause trouble if the English files aren't there.

Thanks much... gotta be Geek to know how to do all that. Since I'm American, English (American version) is acceptable even though I'm slightly conversant in Espanol. Would someone like to post this info on the site so that others who need to select just the episodes they want can free up space on an otherwise crowded SSD/HD?). After putting up with all the crashes, freezes due to second ship sinking, inability to select cannons for appropriate warships, and other issues it would be nice to enjoy the adventure without the frustrations of past versions and revisions. Here's hoping this final is enjoyable.

So, about B14, if I'm interested in the original and final revision of the first posted and the second in a comment seeming to indicate a revision of the first which is the one to use? I'd like to see what the New Horizons B14 became in the final version since I've been playing the series of updates and revisions for years hoping that each new revision would resolve the issues that made the game frustrating and unplayable. Is New horizons B14 playable and installed like all former revisions? What about the comment that the original posting had been revised and a corrected B14 was available for download? I want to be sure to spend time setting up the last, final New Horizons so to be able to enjoy the experience without the prior issues that were very frustrating. Or, am I misinterpreting the comment which is actually suggesting forgoing B14 final in favor of Beyond New Horizons as a better gaming experience than the original B14 final? Hmmm?)

Thanks again for the directions to customize "Beyond" which I assume can also be used to slim down the SSD "footprint" of New Horizons B14, right?)

Last edited:
Problems with B14v22 continue:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ENGINE.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 52454542
Fault Module Name: sea.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 3f1265d5
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00001704
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 798b
Additional Information 2: 798b721ec63ac417413789cee3581260
Additional Information 3: 4a43
Additional Information 4: 4a43df2b03a917a494f608ee4c516a21

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ENGINE.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 52454542
Fault Module Name: sea.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 3f1265d5
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00001704
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 798b
Additional Information 2: 798b721ec63ac417413789cee3581260
Additional Information 3: 4a43
Additional Information 4: 4a43df2b03a917a494f608ee4c516a21

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Open with Notepad++:

Attachments

• Crash compile notepad 9Mar24.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 18
Please stop spamming these reports across numerous threads. Also, Windows messages like that are of limited use. Find the files "compile.log", "system.log", and "error.log" if it exists, and upload them using the "Attach files" button, do not copy and paste the entire text.

Back