• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

While Playing, Game goes back to main menu...?

Kinetic

Landlubber
I just bought the game 2 days ago, and am having trouble making any progress in the game, i just got the dagger, (as Blood)
and now every time i do something, my game keeps "logging me out" I'll open a door, close a chest screen, or dialog box and i get the dead guy sitting in a cage wallpaper/load screen then i get sent to the main screen...

Playlogic website didn't help at all...

Does anyone else have this problem?
Is there anyway to fix it?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Ahoy Kinetic, welcome aboard mate! I don't think I have seen this particular problem before, have you tried loading a previous saved game and retracing your steps to get the dagger? Sometimes the engine does have problems with save game glitches and they can be a real pain. You may end up just having to restart the game completely, I had to do it a few times myself. The Blood quest is really a tough one and any game glitches make it even more so! Just out of curiosity, what are your system specs? Also, the save games can eat up a lot of hard drive space, so make sure you have plenty free!

Don't ye fergit, mateys, dat thar be some time limits in de Peter Blood quest! :shrug
Go check ye out de Peter Blood Quest in de Walkthrough thread! :onya

Ah yes, thanks Fred Bob! I forgot about that time limit! :facepalm

I restared the game under a different user name, and have encountered no problems.
(other than the fact that the manual that comes with the game is no help....)

Thank you for the help.

Is Peter Blood the only that starts out as a slave?

Yes Kinetic, Blood is the only one that starts out as a slave, but ya do get some pretty cool rewards for completing the tough start!

Back