• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Why noone tried or finished Santisima Trinidad?

Colestah

Landlubber
Only 1 thread in 2011 a 1 man trying to... Is 120 & 140 guns ship impossib in game or why noone tries to do them
?
hjl2cf0
Imgur: The magic of the Internet ...Theres alot of it in other games... Like Empire(napoleon?) Total war & Naval action (theres both 140 Santisima & 120 Le'ocean Lineships) With my bad skills in 3d rendering i can only try adding more cannons into closest looking HMS victory or This one from ascold quest (not sure how its called)
OCrSkcZ
Imgur: The magic of the Internet ... He surely got space for alot more cannons on his sides =\ ... Also his texture folder called "santisima1" :)
For now im stuck on even adding textures cuz "file attribute" box-tab empty :( in Maya 5.0

I can't see your pictures. Instead of putting them on Imgur, perhaps you could upload them directly here? There's an "Upload a File" button which allows you to upload various types of file to the forum, including .jpg images.

The current Santisima Trinidad is "SP_FirstRate" which is just "RN_FirstRate" with a different texture. This is because I did that in response to someone else's request for the Santisima Trinidad and I know nothing of Maya, so all I can do is retexturing. (Incidentally, I don't know of a texture folder called "santisima1". I created "SP_FirstRate" for use in the mod for "Pirates of the Caribbean", which stores all its ship texture files in "RESOURCE\Textures\Ships". Perhaps someone copied the ship into a mod for a different game - all the later games such as "Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales" and "Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships" have separate folders for each ship model.)

A proper model of Santisima Trinidad would need more than just extra guns, though you could create the French "Ocean" class by doing that. But Santisima Trinidad had the quarterdeck extended into a whole fourth gun deck.

Yeah its an HMS Victory it seems by ship_init.c ? With 104 cannons(blah i wanna 130-140! as it had)... Its pretty much looks similar to Santisima in some games (Naval Action screens) And black&white is COAS - ETHO(ppl port it to) last ones corsairs...That has a textur folder named "santisima1" and also looks big enough & alot empty space for cannons... Not sure whats better to make model of Victory larger by 10-20% (is it easy?) and adding-moving cannons or adding moving into that Ascold Quest 1st Lineship u can get it from ... Got alot of diff names not sure what i called i can upload a model...Model name also Santisima1... Well id like to do at least smthing like "ocean" with 120-130 cannons then xD ... Ill try i guess *_* ...Its just weird that noone felt like it only cuz its "unhistorical" with 100 years ahead of game timeline =\ ... And i can try just adding guns on top deck(where ppl walk) to make it 4th full gundeck...Usually ships have 4-10 cannons only each side there for some reason

Attachments

• Santisima.jpg
    Santisima.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 660
  • Santisima2.jpg
    Santisima2.jpg
    444.8 KB · Views: 818
  • S2l5Ztb.jpg
    S2l5Ztb.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 792
  • 8ZaQPi6.jpg
    8ZaQPi6.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 555
Last edited:
Drawn quickly a little concept how they would look like more less ! Gotta say... On sketches for now on ... Victory HMS with more cannons looks more proper(closer to Santisima looks?At leas in "Naval Action" it surely looks alot like it but 10-25% longer-stretched ) The other one surely got more space for more cannons to place...And a picture comparing them near each other(in default ~106 guns) Stretched visual concept of HMS Victory with more guns + added upper boards between cannons on deck, and i guess i know how "Naval Action" modelers has made "Santisima" xD

Attachments

• f.jpg
    f.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 747
  • kk2.jpg
    kk2.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 633
  • compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 3,648
  • compar-stretch.jpg
    compar-stretch.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,369
Last edited:
Yeah its an HMS Victory it seems by ship_init.c ? With 104 cannons(blah i wanna 130-140! as it had).
If you're just going to add extra guns then I would suggest increasing to no more than 120. This would be suitable for Santisima Trinidad before her upgrade, and incidentally also for the French Ocean class - which means if you do make the ship this way, I'm going to copy it, give it a French texture, and call it Ocean, and so we get two ships for the price of one. :)

If you want the full 130-140 guns then you should extend the quarterdeck to become a full fourth gun deck, which will give you all the room you need for the extra guns and also make it look accurate for the Santisima Trinidad after her upgrade to 130 guns.

Hmmm i wonder why so rarely Lineships had more than 106-112 cannons(Not to lost alot of speed-maneuver?) ...And larger than Santisima Ocean had only 120 =\ .How about that another ship? Is it in game or mod pack? I cant find it by model name.
Im only beginning to learn maya -_- might take me awhile or not? Seems like simple manipulations but...

Last edited:
Hmmm i wonder why so rarely Lineships had more than 106-112 cannons(Not to lost alot of speed-maneuver?) ...And larger than Santisima Ocean had only 120 =\ .
That's one reason, certainly. The crew's nickname for the Santisima Trinidad was "El Ponderoso". :p Another was expense, both to build and to put into service - better to have a large number of smaller battleships than a small number of larger battleships. So Spain only had one Santisima Trinidad; France had several Ocean class, which were reserved for use as flagships; and the British didn't bother with ships that size, nor did they make much use of the Ocean-class Commerce de Marseilles when they captured it.
How about that another ship? Is it in game or mod pack? I cant find it by model name.
Im only beginning to learn maya -_- might take me awhile or not? Seems like simple manipulations but...
I don't recognise "Santisima.jpg" or "Santisima2.jpg", and the screenshots do not look like any game I know. "S215Ztb.jpg", and the ship at the back in "compare.jpg", look like some variant of man of war. I'm sure I've seen that one in PoTC but can't figure out which model it is. But it's definitely in the GoF mod for CoAS as "BattleManowar1" and it only has 102 guns there.

A version of HMS Victory stretched by about 12.5% would probably do for the Ocean class, or for Santisima Trinidad before her upgrade. "compar-stretch.jpg" shows a ship with the fourth row of guns, which would be a reasonable representation of Santisima Trinidad after the upgrade if it's also about 12.5% longer than HMS Victory.

Santisima and santisima2 is just screens from "Naval Action" MMO game ^___^ ... probab best graphics looking sail ship game out there now... Just wanted to show an example how'r they made a model!
Even if they build em so rarely every RPG game in my opinion shud have #1 best of zi best ships ever... Thats why theres mostly quests to get unique and most badass ships in their class...
Thats why i feel like it shud stop on 120-140 cannons -_-
Heres video of other one looking like "Battlemanowar1"
... Not sure how its called but i saw an ingame sign Mortifero and a folder "Santisima"
And i dont remember other games But "Each to his own" Doesnt have it ... CoAS do with dlc probab or just ingame... As unique quest one... Or from mod pack "Adventure Tales"
The best manowar in Etho is this english on 112 cannons that got round sides and reminds a barrel...Btw it got 4 deck guns like santisima ending up only 112...
Probably largest manowar ive seen ... And so can pretend for le ocean...Or santisima cuz more space for cannons, although they just seems smaller on it than on "Victory"
Is there some kind of more beginner-novice friendly 3d tools-utility(mb never?) i can use to edit this model with and open it with maya 5 after to save as GM file hmmm? Thought length stretching-cutting holes for cannons and putting them there wud be easier ^_^
Or this maya 5 is simple enough ?

Attachments

• manowar 1.jpg
    manowar 1.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 896
  • manowar 2.jpg
    manowar 2.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 1,151
  • manowar 4.jpg
    manowar 4.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 560
Maybe i should use 3ds max 2019 or maya 2019 to edit it and then save and open in maya 5 just to export into GM? Ermmmm... 3ds max 2019 looks alot more interface&control friendly dunno

That ship in the video certainly does appear to be "Battlemanowar1". Nameplates can be added in the texture file. And on that note, PoTC does have "Battlemanowar1" but calls it "Manowar2". There are also "Manowar1" and "SP_Manowar", which are the same ship model with very different texture files.

The round-sided ship dates all the way back to AoP:CT. It's also in the GoF mod for CoAS as "SoleyRu1", with three different textures, one of which matches your pictures. But "SoleyRu1" has an older style bowsprit with a sprit topmast - a small vertical mast at the tip of the bowsprit which was used on many ships in the 17th and early 18th centuries, and was not used at all at the time of the Santisima Trinidad. For that matter, PoTC's "Manowar1", "Manowar2" and "SP_Manowar" have sprit topmasts, but PoTC also has "Manowar_gub" which has yet another texture and a more modern bowsprit. Another problem with "Battlemanowar1", which you can see in your screenshots, is that it has 8 guns in the stern. The Santisima Trinidad didn't have that many and I suspect that neither did any real ship - if the guns were that closely packed, the crews would get in each other's way!

Sorry, I can't help with the modelling - I have no experience with Maya or 3DS Max.

Back