• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Wizard Problem

Jacob

Sailor
Storm Modder
Hi once Again I Install POTC on new Computer But Problem is Then i Installed a game (Original) i Download Wizard and .tar file Like you said First must run wizard but Problem is here its said

"Main Files archive File not present. Place 'b14_beta4_fianl.tar' in this folder to continue'

Can you show a screenshot of the folder where you have the installation wizard?

Here you go

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu (136).png
    Zrzut ekranu (136).png
    185.3 KB · Views: 107
Unless Windows 10 is being particularly stupid even outside the "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)" folders, it shouldn't be necessary to have the install files in the same folder as the game itself. I don't even have them on the same drive partition. The game is in "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean" and the installer plus archive are in "D:\PoTC Build 14". But I use Windows 7.

But what is "memory.mp" in @Jacob's screenshot? That's not part of a stock game install.

Unless Windows 10 is being particularly stupid even outside the "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)" folders, it shouldn't be necessary to have the install files in the same folder as the game itself. I don't even have them on the same drive partition. The game is in "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean" and the installer plus archive are in "D:\PoTC Build 14". But I use Windows 7.
Correct.
There was even a time when it HAD to be OUTSIDE the main game folder, but thankfully we managed to fix that.
Now either way should work.

But what is "memory.mp" in @Jacob's screenshot? That's not part of a stock game install.
If I recall, there are some stock game versions that do have it.
I haven't a clue what it does, but as some point we discovered that it makes game performance WORSE or something.
So the mod installer should now remove it as part of its process.

Back