• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Woodes Rogers storyline disappearing

Foop my Car

Freebooter
Recently I have started with the Woodes Rogers storyline. Pretty good for starters I might add. However, when I returned to play it, the saved storyline was gone. I could only retrieve it after starting a new Woodes Rogers storyline in which the saves are somehow linked. This can be very annoying at times, is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Are you using the latest version and latest zip?
There was a long time ago something with save games and WoodesRogers.
There's also the storyteller (Blackbeard's head) in the very first cabin who can take you to many parts of the story.

The version you are using is quite outdated.
I would advise installing the extra fix archive.
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta [Last Update:13th January 2021]

Just extract the files on your New Horizons installation, or extract and then copy them there.

Though depending on how much you've used this installation you may want to reinstall the game from scratch, just to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Indeed you should use the latest zip. You'll need to start a new game if you do. Apart from fixing the bug with savegames, the current update also includes a massive extension to the "Woodes Rogers" storyline.

Solved now! Though there is now an issue where after jumping from the roof onto the ground, it doesnt load to the next scenario where Pyle gets up...I think Caroline jumped on him too hard...:p

This has never happened earlier.
I played it three times and Pyle gets up every time. Not sure what caused the bug.
Use a savegame or new game and talk to the storyteller and choose the brothel part.

And @Foo Mxcah there's a new zip coming soon with a bunch of bugfixes for WoodesRogers.
Maybe it's better if you wait for that version.

Last edited:
This has never happened earlier.
I played it three times and Pyle gets up every time. Not sure what caused the bug.
Use a savegame or new game and talk to the storyteller and choose the brothel part.

And @Foo Mxcah there's a new zip coming soon with a bunch of bugfixes for WoodesRogers.
Maybe it's better if you wait for that version.
Alright!

Back