• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

XBOX CONTROLLER IS IN THE GAME...!!

Capten

Landlubber
Hi to all Pirates...! :cheers

Lot of Pirates like to play games with controller´s like xbox,ps etc.etc.
In Age of Pirates 2 if you go to rot of the game you have a folder call CONTROLS,
in that folder you have 3 controler´s set up,one is named INIT_XBOX.C if you
open up this one you see that the game is made for an xbox control...

But how do you get it to work....???????? Can some one help please.....

Or maby some one have a xpadder-profile for this game...?
xpadder can creat at least 144 button´s on your xbox control...

Hope that some kinde pirate can help :gday

Attachments

• New Pirates.jpg
    New Pirates.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 435
But how do you get it to work....????????    Can some one help please.....
CoAS is direct descendant of PotC, which originally was made for XBox and then converted to a PC. However, the program evolved and Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales together with Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships doesn't support XBox anymore. What you see is simply an artefact which came from PotC.

pirate_kk

THANK´S FOR THE REPLY :onya

The game work´s fin with xpadder do.... try´d it with my xpadder profile for Modern Warf. 2

So if some one have a god xpadder-profile for this game please...

Iám working on my now but iám not so god at this.... :mm

Yes there are indeed XBox contols and the file to it is called "init_xbox" located in "Program\Controls". :onya

I don't have a pad sorry bud so i couldn't test it out. I'm one who likes to use the keyboard, call it old fashioned but its easier for me.

CoAS is direct descendant of PotC, which originally was made for XBox and then converted to a PC. However, the program evolved and Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales together with Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships doesn't support XBox anymore. What you see is simply an artefact which came from PotC.

pirate_kk

I tired messing around with the direct code. In the file 'controls.c' the line reads
initFileName = "controls\init_pc.c";

if(initFileName=="")
{
trace("Can`t init controls because not right platform");
return;
}

if(LoadSegment(initFileName))
{
ExternControlsInit(bFirst);
UnloadSegment(initFileName);
}
else
{
trace("Can`t init controls because not loaded segment "+initFileName);
return;
I tried changing initFileName = "controls\init_pc.c"; to initFileName=controls\init_xbox.c"
if(initFileName=="")
{
return;
This tells me here that it is designed to make sure that it doesnt run the xbox controller code...

Of course, I could be wrong... but that is my attempt at taking a stab at it...

pirate_kk

I tired messing around with the direct code. In the file 'controls.c' the line reads
initFileName = "controls\init_pc.c";

if(initFileName=="")
{
return;
}

if(LoadSegment(initFileName))
{
ExternControlsInit(bFirst);
UnloadSegment(initFileName);
}
else
{
trace("Can`t init controls because not loaded segment "+initFileName);
return;
I tried changing initFileName = "controls\init_pc.c"; to initFileName=controls\init_xbox.c"
if(initFileName=="")
{
return;
This tells me here that it is designed to make sure that it doesnt run the xbox controller code...

Of course, I could be wrong... but that is my attempt at taking a stab at it...

Thnx. for d try.... :onya

i wonder if a more skilled coder were to look at it, if they could figure it out...I've started asking around my old group of buddies from my other sites if they play COAS...they may feel inclinded to give it a shot

i wonder if a more skilled coder were to look at it, if they could figure it out...I've started asking around my old group of buddies from my other sites if they play COAS...they may feel inclinded to give it a shot

Very nice man, thnx.. or mayb some one have an xpadder-profile..? Ilike to play my games on the big television and xboxcontroller... :keith :gday

Not sure if this will work or not but in engine Configurations change the following line of code.
Code:
controls = pcs_controls
;controls = pc_controls

to

Code:
controls = xbox_controls
;controls = xbox_controls

Save file and start game. If that doesn't work try.

Code:
controls = xboxs_controls
;controls = xbox_controls

Again save the game and load your game, shouldn't require a new game but best to check it out just incase.
This is only a guess so might not work but its worth trying, remember to backup your engine Configurations file before editing it though, just to be on the safe side. Hopefully it does work, let us know how it goes. I don't have a pad so i can't check it out myself.

Back