• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Engine Limitation 3D Sailing Mode: Crew in Air

Mirsaneli

Privateer
Storm Modder
Any chance to fix this?

Untitled.jpg

Are those crew walking in the air beside the ship? Or crew walking in a spot where there once was a fallen mast?

That is a common thing that happens to most all ships when you drop into a combat situation.

Could be a bit of an error with that specific ship walk file.

I was unexpectedly unavoidably unavailable for a few days - but anyway this sort of stuff (ie modelling) is not my thing - all I have really done with ships is look at reported bad locators and remove those locators (ie number work).

Looks like a "Surfers of a lost arc" error creeping in from another franchise to me :sick(sorry folks)

I was unexpectedly unavoidably unavailable for a few days - but anyway this sort of stuff (ie modelling) is not my thing - all I have really done with ships is look at reported bad locators and remove those locators (ie number work).

Looks like a "Surfers of a lost arc" error creeping in from another franchise to me :sick(sorry folks)
Ah I tought you also managed to look at walk files already :). My bad

Ah I tought you also managed to look at walk files already :). My bad

Not a problem

- I might use this as an opportunity to look at one - I think I looked at the principle in the manual or a tutorial somewhere and understood it - just not how they look in a model (GM viewer and/or Tool - or how to edit a walk patch) - not that that means that someone who knows how shouldn't get on with it for real.

Doing walk files is mostly just tedious with lots of trial and error. I attempted it and figured out how to do it easily enough, but found that my hardware is too good for that program and the frame rate went over 1500fps and put a big strain on things, so I stopped doing it. If the fps could be locked at 60 or even 300 life would be a lot simpler.

Doing walk files is mostly just tedious with lots of trial and error. I attempted it and figured out how to do it easily enough, but found that my hardware is too good for that program and the frame rate went over 1500fps and put a big strain on things, so I stopped doing it. If the fps could be locked at 60 or even 300 life would be a lot simpler.
which program are we talking about?

AOP Sailor Tool. I'm not sure where to get it right now.

I just tried it again and the fps hardly went over 500fps. That makes it possible to work in this program. Maybe. I do have all video settings pegged in CCC.

Is there already confirmation on WHICH SHIP is being affected by that?
That's rather relevant to avoid chasing ghosts. ;)

As far as I know it is ALL ships that do this.

One oddity. With the Polacca the crew that is normally floating off to the side are floating down directly underneath the keel.

So we do NOT know what ships are affected by this? And I think we also have zero people available to tackle this even if we did.
Therefore I'm archiving it as "Engine Limitation"; there isn't much to be done about it. :shrug

Back