• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

An ambitious project

:gday

I have managed to get Esteban to appear at St Johns Outskirts :will :will :will

It appears the problem is this code in quest_reaction.c is not being triggered - why :shrug

Code:
case "remove_andrieux":
PChar.quest.remove_andrieux.win_condition.l1 = "Timer";
PChar.quest.remove_andrieux.win_condition.l1.date.day = GetAddingDataDay(0, 0, 2);
PChar.quest.remove_andrieux.win_condition.l1.date.month = GetAddingDataMonth(0, 0, 2);
PChar.quest.remove_andrieux.win_condition.l1.date.year = GetAddingDataYear(0, 0, 2);
PChar.quest.remove_andrieux.win_condition = "remove_andrieux_fim";
break;

I have put this in the console and actioned it after talking to Andrieux - then went looking for Esteban & he was there and challanged me

:ixi

So to make Esteban appear at St Johns jungle gate :-

Put this in the console -->

Code:
PChar.quest.remove_andrieux.win_condition.l1 = "Timer";
PChar.quest.remove_andrieux.win_condition.l1.date.day = GetAddingDataDay(0, 0, 2);
PChar.quest.remove_andrieux.win_condition.l1.date.month = GetAddingDataMonth(0, 0, 2);
PChar.quest.remove_andrieux.win_condition.l1.date.year = GetAddingDataYear(0, 0, 2);
PChar.quest.remove_andrieux.win_condition = "remove_andrieux_fim";

Then once you have completed Battle of Aguadilla Quest & Roxanne has left - go to St Pierre, Martinique - Talk to Gaetan Andrieux in Tavern - "Davy Movie" - talk to Gaetan Andrieux again. - Then leave & action the console.

As long as you do not arrive in Antigua until 2 game days after actioning the console Esteban will be waiting for you.

:ixi

Now of to look for the Cursed Caravel & Roche Brazilliano

:cheers

The problem is the AddDialogExitQuest("remove_andrieux"); in the Gaetan Andrieux_dialog.c.... It doesn't work. And I don't find any reasons for this bug...

Indeed, if I put LAi_QuestDelay("remove_andrieux", 0.0); in console.c, he disappears 2 days later...

Anyway, if there is no fix for this bug, I'll make a small modification in the quests_reaction.c so that Esteban appears in the Antigua outskirts despite this bug...

That error was introduced with B14 B1 Patch 1, right?
I really need to do a WinMerge and see what's different! :whipa

And it doesn't work if you save right before, then try again? Because I've seen some examples a long time ago where it would work after reloading a savegame. :facepalm

Last small problem with Bartolomeu - I promise :razz

Managed to meet Esteban ( kill him- become officer - let him go ) - Cursed Caravel & Roche in Nevis pirate Settlement Tavern all OK :onya

Problem:-

If you let Esteban go ( don't hire him as Officer ) - I think you are supposed to be able to meet him later in havana.

But I think there is an error in the quest_reaction.c

case "Esteban_Havana":
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Juan Esteban"), "La_Havana_House_03", "goto", "goto5");
LAi_SetCitizenType(characterFromID("Juan Esteban"));
GiveShip2Character(characterFromID("Nathaniel Hawk"),"CursedCaravel","Victory",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
EquipCharacterByItem(CharacterFromId("Nathaniel Hawk"), "blade31");
EquipCharacterByItem(CharacterFromId("Nathaniel Hawk"), "pistol2");

Pchar.quest.find_Zombie.win_condition.l1 = "location";
Pchar.quest.find_Zombie.win_condition.l1.location = "Conceicao";
PChar.quest.find_Zombie.win_condition = "seezombie";
break;

Should be:-

case "Esteban_Havana":
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Juan Esteban"), "Havana_House_03", "goto", "goto5");
LAi_SetCitizenType(characterFromID("Juan Esteban"));
GiveShip2Character(characterFromID("Nathaniel Hawk"),"CursedCaravel","Victory",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
EquipCharacterByItem(CharacterFromId("Nathaniel Hawk"), "blade31");
EquipCharacterByItem(CharacterFromId("Nathaniel Hawk"), "pistol2");

Pchar.quest.find_Zombie.win_condition.l1 = "location";
Pchar.quest.find_Zombie.win_condition.l1.location = "Conceicao";
PChar.quest.find_Zombie.win_condition = "seezombie";
break;

to put esteban in the Havana house that looks like Port Royale Town hall. ( unless I have the completely wrong house :facepalm )

also you cannot get into the house as the door has a locked Padlock

It is not a big problem as I don't think Estaban has any dialog to say anyway :rofl

EDIT --> I should also say Thank You to Bartolomeu :bow for a really good storyline and quest, the battle scenes and movies are really cool - standing on the beach watching Aguadilla Fort being bombarded by the ships is impressive.
Also the challenges you have set the player to sneak in and out of places.
:cheers

So basically, there needs to be code to unlock havana_house_03 and also change it so he actually shows up there? :?

Thanks for catching a new one, Talisman :onya and thanks for your comments about the main quest..

About Esteban, in fact I won't put him in Havana_House_03 (and for quest purposes I want this location continues being disabled) but in another place in Havana and I think if I have time , I'll make a very small quest about him ( something like helping him in a dangerous situation :rolleyes: )

I meant: save at the first opportunity before the trigger should be activated.

Does anyone know if a shortcut to the newly added content was added in the latest update?
I'd like to have a look at this Hunter and Battle of Aguadilla stuff! :woot

Does anyone know if a shortcut to the newly added content was added in the latest update?
I'd like to have a look at this Hunter and Battle of Aguadilla stuff! :woot
Read this post, Pieter :

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//topic/11556-an-ambitious-project/page__view__findpost__p__362580

Testing now, I can confirm the issues that Talisman reported before:
Spanish Governor not appearing and Johan Elting also not appearing.

Another thing: Since there's "danger" right away when you arrive at the Spanish fort with the prison underneath,
you can't access your questbook and therefore not see what you're supposed to be doing next.
Not Bartolomeu's fault of course, but definitly something that should be addressed in one way or another.

Now I seem to have managed to get myself into a quest loop. After rescuing Roxanne from the fort and joining with Johan Elting,
I went back to the fort, where Johan Elting started his in-jail talk again, this time outside the fort.

Well, I finished "The Hunter" by using Talisman's suggestions to get through the bugged points.
Also as per his suggestion, hopefully the appearance of the Spanish Governor is now fixed.
So that just leaves Elting's appearance to be fixed.

Next time, I'll continue with the Battle of Aguadilla.

Another thing: Since there's "danger" right away when you arrive at the Spanish fort with the prison underneath,
you can't access your questbook and therefore not see what you're supposed to be doing next.
Not Bartolomeu's fault of course, but definitly something that should be addressed in one way or another.
Understood.. :yes Anyway, when you talk to the Spanish Governor he tells you the Fort's Captain has got the jail's keys. Maybe, I could delay the reload on the Eleuthera fort during 10 sec for instance so that the player can read the quest text.. :shrug

Back