• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Barbossa at Tortuga

moof

Landlubber
Ahoy Mateys,
I've encountered some strange sort of bug which is starting to get annoying, although New Horizons is by far the best mod I've ever played.

I began the Hoist the Colours Storyline and followed it until I met Davy Jones and got the Black Pearl. Afterwards, I did what the Quest Book told me and explored the Caribbean - boarded a few fat merchant ships, visited some cities, until i decided to continue my search for cortez' treasure. I sailed to Tortuga and talked to Barbossa, but all he said was "Is this it? The famous Isla de Muerte... Whren do we set sail?", but i dont get the missing part of the map. I recruited Pintel and Ragetti before, while walking through tortuga. Could this be the cause of the issue? And if so - is there any possibility to make this undone, because I dont have any saves without them anymore.

Help would be appreciated!

And sorry for eventual spelling/grammar mistakes, I'm not a native speaker. :)

Ahoy Mateys,
I recruited Pintel and Ragetti before, while walking through tortuga. Could this be the cause of the issue? And if so - is there any possibility to make this undone, because I dont have any saves without them anymore.

Help would be appreciated!

And sorry for eventual spelling/grammar mistakes, I'm not a native speaker. :)

That is probably the cause of your problem.

To fix it find the console file in your games PROGRAM folder- open it - add the following code :-

case "To Isle de Muerte2":
PChar.quest.Muerte = "closed"
//PChar.quest.Beckett = "closed";
GiveItem2character(PChar, "Map_Doc_4");
DialogExit();
NextDiag.CurrentNode = NextDiag.TempNode;
AddDialogExitQuest("Barbossa_to_Isle_de_Muerte");
break;

( taken from Barbossa_dialog.c )

Console file:-

// Jerry-rigged console file.
//put code under ExecuteConsole() below.
//NK 04-08-28
// not needed I think extern void InitShips();
#include "SDK\LocatorWrite.c"
#include "Upgrade.c";
extern void InitItems();
extern void InitCannons();

void ExecuteConsole()
{
ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
ref ch;
int i;
int limit;
ADD CODE HERE <<<<<------

switch(0) // Case 0 = Various test and cheat codes
{ // Case 1 = Location coordinate information
case 0:

Then save the console file and start game - go to tortuga tavern and Press F12 to action the console .

You should now have 4th piece of Map - Barbosasa should be with you as well as Pintel and Ragetti.

Sail to Isla de Muerte and the part of the beach with the treasure cave should open. And hopefully the Story should continue ok.

:doff

nothing happens. The "console executed" - Message does not even appear. Any idea why not?

Hey,
still no progress concerning this one. I still got the feeling my console doesn't execute what it's supposed to. The boarding bug fix works just fine. :( If nothing else is possible, could someone provide a savegame around this point? That would be still better than playing the whole game again.

Hey,
still no progress concerning this one. I still got the feeling my console doesn't execute what it's supposed to. The boarding bug fix works just fine. :( If nothing else is possible, could someone provide a savegame around this point? That would be still better than playing the whole game again.

Sorry I am not sure what to do.:(

And I don't have any saved games for this story line.

Shouldn't the code go after the line "Case 0:"? Not sure if it makes a difference, but it might be worth trying.

Hey,
finally managed to get it working. It seemed like some of the lines weren't executable, such as this one:

NextDiag.CurrentNode = NextDiag.TempNode;

I played around with the code Talisman posted and was at least able to go on with the quests. Thanks for your help anyway! :)

Back