• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Brave Black Flag Tutorial bug

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
In Beta 3-5 latest update (9 august ) and some previous ones

The person who gives you the Tutorial ( Malcolm in the Original Story ) does not guide you around the town.

The bit in the ships cabin & on the ships deck is all ok. - When you leave the ship and are on the jetty he is not there to talk to you and guide you around ( you can still do the tasks - but store may not have the spyglass).

I am not sure if this will also affect the other Free Play stories that also start with the Tutorial.

A list of the other Free Play stories that start with the Tutorial is here:- http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/new-horizons-quests/

The last time I saw the Brave Black flag Tutorial work was in Beta 3-4

:cheers

Yep, you can blame me for this one. I thought I was being clever by using GetServedNation() instead of GetCurrentFlag() to determine which nation's tutorial you're in.
Reason was that I figured you CAN freely change your flag, but not your served nation.
However, I forgot that changing flag is disabled until AFTER the tutorial, so my reasoning there wasn't actually true.

Worse, your served nation could possibly NOT match with your flag, such as was the case here.
Served nation was personal, but I was in the pirate tutorial so Robert Fletcher got teleported to Speighstown while I went into the Nevis Pirate Settlement.
Anyway, I returned this to using your flag again, so that should solve the problem. :facepalm

I am now also setting the "Rebel" type to always start with Served Nation PIRATE which seems to make more sense to me.
Otherwise on Realistic Game Mode, your served nation would be your OLD nation.
And since you are a rebel, that is most definitely the one nation you're NOT loyal to! :shock

Special exception for Henri Caesar, who I'd consider more of a freedom fighter,
so he is the only rebel who gets Served Nation PERSONAL_NATION instead.

I have just tried the Brave Black Flag Tutorial in the most recent release.

The part on the ship was all OK

Then I was guided to the Pirate Settlement OK.

Inside the Pirate Settlement Gate - the guide talked to me - then disappeared ( faded away ) - did not guide me to the Store.:(

The Store - Shipyard - Tavern and the exit out of the Settlement are all locked. So now I am trapped.:eek:

There was no error.log generated

:shrug

Attachments

• system_BBF.log
    1.1 KB · Views: 94
  • compile_BBF.log
    3.8 KB · Views: 71
Inside the Pirate Settlement Gate - the guide talked to me - then disappeared ( faded away ) - did not guide me to the Store.:(

The Store - Shipyard - Tavern and the exit out of the Settlement are all locked. So now I am trapped.:eek:
Confirmed and fixed. Extract attached file to PROGRAM\Storyline\FreePlay\DIALOGS .
It was pretty much the same issue as before with the same fix; apparently the double code between Malcolm and Robert was the cause for one being fixed, but not the other one. :facepalm

You do need to start again from outside the town to make this work.
Hopefully everything will finally be back to normal after this change. :facepalm

Attachments

• Robert Fletcher_dialog.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 69
Back