• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 10 Work In Progress

except a CTD in the middle of my first boarding while looting corpses.

Happened the second time I tried this. I think it is not looting but walking that is triggering this. REmind me how to trun error logging on.

I can't get through boarding to check the wounded but I do have a surgeon.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/9234-setting-error-logs-for-potc-bugtesting/

I'm not sure if you get wounded from boardings. I know you do get wounded in ship-to-ship battles.

And finally, the top two blade grades have been renamed to High and Superior from fine and excellent, is that right? And Why?
I found the problem. The blades had the correct names in all old interface uses,
but not in the newly added names on top of the item pictures. I've been able to fix this, so this is solved. :doff

I updated the download in the first post; the wrong quality names are fixed
and I made some interface modifications for the new, brown interface.
I don't expect it to be working quite right yet, but at least you can give it a try now.

Additionally, it contains Short Jack Gold's latest Hornblower storyline update.
From what I've seen, that promises to be really good, so check it out if you've got the chance!
There's a walkthrough here in case you need one: http://wiki.piratesahoy.net/index.php/Hornblower_Quests
You can post questions and comments about the quest here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14137-hornblower-quest

Pieter I am playing the most recent version of WIP. Game play seems fine but saving doesn't really work. It appears if you quit you loose your saved games. I bought a new ship and lost all my saves about 8. after that I couldn't save anywhere. You get the save screen, click save go back to the game and when you come back to the F1 screen there is nothing there to load.

Pieter I am playing the most recent version of WIP. Game play seems fine but saving doesn't really work. It appears if you quit you loose your saved games. I bought a new ship and lost all my saves about 8. after that I couldn't save anywhere. You get the save screen, click save go back to the game and when you come back to the F1 screen there is nothing there to load.
That problem is confirmed. If you have a look at your SAVE folder, you'll notice that the savegames ARE there.
This seems to happen because sometimes a new game manages to start WITHOUT a profile, which is not supposed to be possible.
Unfortunately this seems to happen quite frequently. Sometimes it does work normally and then sometimes it doesn't. :modding
We're still looking into what we can do about this one. :facepalm

jack sparrow quest in alpha 10 will be continued with deadman chest and at the world end????
No. We are planning on making those quests, but we won't get it done for Alpha 10. :no

I've been able to fix this, so this is solved.

Actually if find one of these blades, that still has the incorrect names.

Also --

Found an instance in the Cayman Jungle where the people you encounter can't talk with.

Ship repainting seems to be working. I presme the upgrades will work although I have yet to ammass enough cash to try due to the save problem mentioned above. Ditto wounded crew.

Is there anything wlse you would like me to look at here, Pieter?

Did you get the updated file from the first page? The blade quality names should be showing correctly now.
In fact, they were already showing correctly in most instances before. :wacko:

You can always use the cheatmode to quickly get you some money and test.

About the save problem, please have a look here:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/tracker/issue-113-loadsave-not-working-with-profiles-system/

Did you get the updated file from the first page? The blade quality names should be showing correctly now.
In fact, they were already showing correctly in most instances before

Yes I am playing with the new file, and the blade names are completely correct in the inventory and store listings, it just when you find and pick one up that you get the new names.

How do I get to cheat mode?

Ok, tested ship upgrades and they seem to work fine. A new issue arose when I got stuck in boarding. Went thru the decks killed everone and could't get to the ransack screen but that has only happened once.

I have never seen a healthy / wounded crew screen off the F2 screen. I have been in half a dozen sea battles.

:keith

Yes I am playing with the new file, and the blade names are completely correct in the inventory and store listings, it just when you find and pick one up that you get the new names.
Right you are! Extract attached file to PROGRAM\INTERFACE and this should be solved too. :doff

How do I get to cheat mode?
Code:
================================
Cheats:
================================
These only work if ENABLE_CHEATMODE is on
at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h

Numpad 0 = Godmode
Numpad 1 = Officer 1 Fake Level-Up
Numpad 2 = Officer 2 Fake Level-Up
Numpad 3 = Officer 3 Fake Level-Up
Numpad 4 = Player Level-Up
Numpad 5 = Player Fake Level Up
Numpad 6 = + 100000 Gold and + 10000 Wealth
Numpad 7 = Cycle through reputations (increase/decrease reputation)
Numpad 9 = Trigger enemy attack (cheatmode not required)
A new issue arose when I got stuck in boarding. Went thru the decks killed everone and could't get to the ransack screen but that has only happened once.
Please see if you can discover anything consistent about this one. :facepalm

I have never seen a healthy / wounded crew screen off the F2 screen. I have been in half a dozen sea battles.
There's no seperate interface for it, but it's part of the regular F2>Ship interface:
wounded.jpg

Based on your defence skill, more crew will survive and if there's no wounded at all, you'll just see the number of healthy crew.
When you DO have wounded crew, you'll get worldmap log messages each day about the number of wounded, healed and killed crew.

Hi Pierter,

Please see if you can discover anything consistent about this one.

In the next 4-5 boardings, every thing worked perfectly. Thanks for the explanation of the wounded crew.

:gday Peiter et al,

Thanks to you I finally figured out the wounded crew thing. It seems to work and will be a very nice addition. Ship uprades also work. Save at sea looks like it would but because of the larger problem with saving I can't be sure. Is there anything else you would like me to look at here? If not I thing I will go back to Patch 4.

Let me know.

BTW I noticed that in this version instant boarding seems to work more that once per encounter.

Can you enable the brown interface and tell me any interface errors you might encounter?
Please also mention any other interface errors, such as on-screen logs that disappear too quickly or something.
Also I'd like some comments on what happens when you play the game
in DirectSail mode and the salary screen comes up or things like that.

Also I'd like some comments on what happens when you play the game
in DirectSail mode and the salary screen comes up or things like that.

Pieter,

I have never played in Direct Sail mode so I probably won't know what normal is but I am game I guess.

Brown interface with new icons -- no discernable interface problems.

Direct sail from PR to Jamica seemed to wrk fine. Got messages, including sailho, land ho etc, I had turned on articles so I didn't get the salary screen.

Hope this helps.

These things seem ready to go if we can just get the save problem fixed. Do you think it might be related to the save at sea mod?

Back