• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Build 14 Queries

But i know how to edit the starter ship and character already. Im gonna test that console but im not very happy with consoles because in many games the debug console doesnt work on my notebook

But after that build 14 runs smoothly now even on a resolution of 1440x900 great work people!

So ill have to fill in a character id like "depp" or something else in a box with MODEL ID? In build 13 it was a CHARACTER ID sorry i just didnt know if MODEL ID was the same as CHARACTER ID. So ill have to fill it in like this for Jack
Code:
sl.(sn).start.model = "depp";

By the way do i have to only delete \\ or also the spaces after it?

Thats in the console.c file

By the way I only saw how to change the starter ship in build 14. Is it also able to change starting chararcter in build 14 and so yes maybe you can tell me how? Thanks!

By the way I only saw how to change the starter ship in build 14. Is it also able to change starting chararcter in build 14 and so yes maybe you can tell me how? Thanks!
That's already covered in the FAQ post I linked to earlier. Using OPTION 1, change the following line to give yourself a different character:
Code:
sl.(sn).start.model = "*MODEL ID*";

You definitely have to remove the "//" in front, otherwise the line will not be executed.

For the character model, the ID has always been the same, namely the name of the model files.
You want either "depp" or, even better, "Jack" for the version with hat and coat.

Okay thanks matey but another question ( I hope im not too boring) but my username is not for nothing theflyingdutchman1234. If you set the cursed dutchman as your starting ship and you start a storyline like the one with nathaniel hawk and you have the dutchman. Does it has its special attacks like the kraken attack and submerging/diving in another storyline than Hoist the colours? The same is with the queen annes revenge with that fire attack. Will these abilities work outside the storyline where the ship is meant for? Thanks if you could answer this!

The special abilities are ship-dependent, not storyline-dependent. So it'll all work. :yes

W and S are the default buttons for movement now. You can reassign them though, of course. Does that help?

Check "Documentation\Default Key Assignments.txt" for more details.

Changing the key assignment in the game controls (thats in the game) doesnt work i changed them into the arrows up and down and the still doesnt work! This is weird

Really? You changed the options, then started a new game and it still doesn't work?

You could also open PROGRAM\CONTROLS\DefaultControls.h and edit that, then reset the controls to default in the menu to make your coded changes take effect.
But that shouldn't be necessary.

Sidestep does work even if i change the assignement but walking forward never works. Maybe thats because ive changed my starting character to davy jones in place of nathaniel hawk. Maybe i must play another storyline then new horizons

Does Malcolm Hatcher talk to you? After the conversation, you should be able to walk normally.
Otherwise, try not changing your starting character/ship and giving those to yourself through console later; for example once you get into the port.

Im gonna test another storyline

Hopefully hoist the colours will help

Edit: Yeah in hoist the colours i can walk

Whats the standard ship and character code for new horizons storyline?

Whats the standard ship and character code for new horizons storyline?
Code:
    sl.(sn).start.location = "Tutorial_Deck";
    sl.(sn).start.port = "Oxbay_port";
    sl.(sn).start.model = "Blaze";
    sl.(sn).start.name = "Nathaniel";
    sl.(sn).start.lastname = "Hawk";
    sl.(sn).start.Flags.Pirate = 1;
    sl.(sn).start.Flags.Personal = 5;
    sl.(sn).start.ship = "LuggerVML";
    sl.(sn).start.shipname = "Sea Horse";
    sl.(sn).start.date.hour = 10;
    sl.(sn).start.date.min = 24;
    sl.(sn).start.date.sec = 42;
    sl.(sn).start.date.day = 15;
    sl.(sn).start.date.month = 4;
    sl.(sn).start.date.year = 1690;

I just cant walk in the new horizons storyline but in all the other storylines i can walk fine!
Does Malcolm Hatcher talk to you? Did you change the default ship model? A different ship could result in a different cabin for the opening scene.
While that HAS been coded to work properly, it might still be a source of issues. Using the default settings first and then using the console to give you what you want would get around that.

Yeah your right the ship cabin was the problem when i changed the start ship back again from curseddutchman to luggervml everything worked fine now i can walk normally! Thanks! Youre right about the cabin but by the way is there a cheat mode as in build 13? I cant find it in buildsettings.h

Back