• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot fight Coast Guard

darkevil

Sailor
Hello Sea Sharks,

I'm playing BNH 15 b2 since some month now, and i'm facing a strange and annoying bug.
I'am trying to unlock Evade Coast Guard perk by doing some smuggling mission and let the guard catch me.
But, at any moment when in smuggling mission the coastguards appears, i cannot kill no one.
Even, if the smugglers won the battle, i cannot loot coastguards bodies to pick their Book of Patrol Schedules.

I cannot unlock the Perk 'Evade Coast Guard' whatever i tried.

Strange thing is, i've started several games and the first one i've been able to fight and kill the coastguards, but after a few hours of playing, that have been stopped, and i never be able again to kill any of them. Even if i started a new game.

Someone can help me ?!

@darkevil evil
If one of your officers has the "evade coast guard" perk the game has a problem and you cannot attack or kill the soldiers on the beach. They are the ones that have the book and only getting the book and examining it in your inventory will unlock the perk.

@darkevil evil
If one of your officers has the "evade coast guard" perk the game has a problem and you cannot attack or kill the soldiers on the beach. They are the ones that have the book and only getting the book and examining it in your inventory will unlock the perk.
Did this officers shouldn't join you when you goes on beach for smuggling or this perk still affect you when this officer is still a board ship ?

I finally make a workaround by desactivate the perk ImproveSmuggling in perks_init.c.

Did this officers shouldn't join you when you goes on beach for smuggling or this perk still affect you when this officer is still a board ship ?

I finally make a workaround by desactivate the perk ImproveSmuggling in perks_init.c.
I don't think it made any difference if the officer was in the shore party or not. If any one of them had it, you couldn't fight the soldiers.

I don't think it made any difference if the officer was in the shore party or not. If any one of them had it, you couldn't fight the soldiers.
So, i should start à new game to proove this point; make a save before recruiting an officer and insure that he having this perk (while a don't have it) and try to do smuggler mission. if i can't you will proove that point... If not ?!

But what i wonder, did this perk avoid the patrol soldiers to come when you doing those missions ?!

Back