• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot run game with build 11 --> Crash to desktop !

Lannister

Landlubber
Hello, all you friendly folks out there.

Some days ago i posted a question if i should use mods when playing POTC the first time.
So i downloaded the build 11, however I had the problem, that the program stopped when having downloaded 20197 kb of 20199 of the extra textures, so I don`t know if this is the problem.

I did everything according to the readme file, however when i fire up the game and select new game it starts loading and then I crash to desktop.

Anybody has any ideas ?
I`m using WinXP and the german localized version of POTC

Thanks in advance,
L.

i don't think the extra textures should have caused a download - if they didn't finish downloading then they probably didn't actually install anyway.

one thing with the potc installer is that when you install the online update, you then have to go back and `re-install` the european patch (just run the installer again and deselect everything except 'european version'). if the euro patch isn't installed, it will typically cause a crash to desktop.

hope this works!

Back