• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons


    Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Can't start battle

Waszmosc

Landlubber
Hi. Im playing this mod for some time and Im in the situation that I cant start the battle. I mean I ve opened fire to a neutral ship but that did not turn him into enemy. He just sailing around and not firing back at me. I can sink him and he dosent even turn red on radar. Tried to hoist hostile flag before battle but there was no reaction as well. Once I tried to sail to the fort with pirate flag on and the fort did nothing too
 
Can you upload a saved game? Preferably one in which you are sailing next to a ship which you want to fight.
 
Nothing there. You'll need to compress the file with something like 7-Zip:
Download
The forum only recognises and uploads certain file formats. Savegame file isn't one of them. .zip and .7z are.

Also, please upload log files "compile.log", "system.log", and "error.log" if it exists. The first two ought to be in the top level of the game installation, "error.log" is sometimes there as well.
 
There's something odd in that "compile.log" - or rather, there's something odd not in the log. When you go to sea, there should be messages about ships and forts in the area, and whether they recognise you as hostile. I don't see any such messages in "compile.log" if I load your savegame, even if I raise a pirate flag, return to port (which shows up as the fort because I'm flying a hostile flag but it's near enough that I can dock), and then return to sea.

Try an experiment. Start a new game - "Tales of a Sea Hawk", "FreePlay" or any other storyline, it doesn't matter because you don't need to play it for very long. Go to sea. Sail to any nearby ship. Then raise a flag hostile to that ship and see if it reacts. Then quit the game and post "compile.log". Which, incidentally, doesn't need to be zipped because .log files are one of the types the forum recognises and allows to be uploaded.
 
That worked. If I load that savegame and then raise a pirate flag, the French ships attack. Your own "compile.log" shows that the French fleet and the fort all react to your pirate flag:
Code:
FLAGS: The 'Speightstown Fort' has spotted us at 400.77 and will remember us as Pirate in Model_LuggerVML with visibility=825.
FLAGS: The 'Belette' has spotted us at 424.79 and will remember us as Pirate in Model_LuggerVML with visibility=830.
FLAGS: The 'Cleopatre' has spotted us at 306.04 and will remember us as Pirate in Model_LuggerVML with visibility=940.
FLAGS: The 'Semillante' has spotted us at 188.23 and will remember us as Pirate in Model_LuggerVML with visibility=985.
SETTING MUSIC: music_sea_battle
The "SETTING MUSIC" line is also a good sign - the game's music has changed from peaceful sailing music to battle music.

None of that appears in the "compile.log" from post #6. So your installation seems to be alright but something happened to corrupt the game. You will need to go back to an earlier save in which ships can turn hostile; if you have no earlier save, you'll need to start a new game.
 
Back
Top