• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Cape Francos shown as Crew Quarters

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
On the treasure quest to Cape Fancos, when you get to the rock the icon says "Crew Quarters".
I have attached asave game for the Cape Francos issue mentioned above. Not a big problem but here you go..

Attachments

• -=Player=- Hispaniola. Cape Francos.rar
    655.9 KB · Views: 62
For me it says "Ship" though it does have "Grot" defined in the location init file.
I suspect that because it is a randitem locator instead of a normal reload, the game doesn't quite understand what to do with its label there.
So probably it will display whatever label was displayed last or something. :facepalm

Is this fixed already?

I do still see "Grot." labels there. Maybe chang them to Cave. cause that seems to be used also...

Not fixed; didn't touch it. I think what happens is that it displays whatever label was shown last.
Which might be because there is no label set at all for that particular reload.
But that's just speculation on my part.

Working on the above theory I have changed he randomitem locator to a new reload locator (so the WIKI still shows the correct spot in treasure quests) but for consistency made another randomitem1 locator next to it (at the base of the tree). I have changed the label for the "new" reload to "hidden cave". I also needed to pick up two references to Hispaniola_passage in characters_events. The first for the on screen message, the second is probably no longer needed since it just turns the locator type to reload - which it now already is.

This seems to work OK

files are
RESOURCE/MODELS/Locations/outside/Passage/pass2_l.gm
PROGRAM/Locations/init/Hispaniola
PROGRAM/characters/characters_events

Attachments

• new locator.7z
    18.5 KB · Views: 71
I hadn't expected this one to be taken care of so soon! Thanks for working on it. :cheers

Back