• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you bother using that dev window when you can just bind it to a keyboard button?
Just means less buttons to click, no? :shrug

Oh by the way you said thats for another day, well its another day. :razz
Do you have that console operational yet?
If not, there's no real point in continuing with the Reinit, because you need to do basically the same things again.
I don't have much time for modding anymore, especially not this week, so I recommend you try to figure it out by yourself.
Just have a look at the PotC Reinit.c file and that should at least give you the general impression.

Thank Pieter

I got the console working i just could not remeber the last line of the code.

Well you are on your way a small step toward been a captain. All the best :whipa

Last line of code? What last line? :wacko:

For the Reinit, try looking at the PotC file and if you can't figure it out, post here again.
In fact, why don't you get the Build 11 installer from the Downloads section? I added it a couple of days ago.
That contains the Reinit code without having quite as much modifications as Build 14 Alpha 10 does.
Might be simpler to work from.

HI! Pieter

This line: Log_SetStringToLog("Executed Console"); // If not, try this one,,,
that why the console did not work when i press F12.

Build 11 installer ok thank I'll do that :onya

I have been try for a while to DL this mod but all the links are dead any ideas where to DL it at ? I am also trying to figure out what is all inside of it, the original mod clearly shows what is in it but i cannot find anything on this one.

Does this mod include all the ships from other POTC? or AOP 1?

Thank you in advance John W. Hamm

I just checked the links, they all work fine. And yes the mod has POTC ships, as for AOP...well I think some ships in COAS are from AOP.

I have tried all of the links on the front page and all of them when I use Mozzia say "Page Error" and when I use IE explorer is say "Oops! This link appears to be broken."

I will paste the links here: that i cannot get to work......................................

Current Version:

Version Two (Current)
http://pyratesahoy.c...0Version%202.7z

Version Two Patch Two (RTBL Patch) Use this if you wish to keep RTBL settings.
http://pyratesahoy.c...%20Patch%202.7z

Version Two Patch Two (Vanilla Patch) Use this if you wish to keep vanilla settings.
http://pyratesahoy.c...%20Patch%202.7z

Previous Version:

Version one (OLD)
http://pyratesahoy.c...0Version%201.7z

Version Two Patch One (OLD RTBL Patch) Use this if you wish to keep RTBL settings.
http://pyratesahoy.c...%202%20Patch.7z

Version Two Patch One (OLD Vanilla Patch) Use this if you wish to keep vanilla settings.
http://pyratesahoy.c...illa%20Patch.7z

Never mind I was initially using a Military server to log on with and that was causing the problem, I logged on through a WiFi and am able to DL them now

John W. Hamm

HI! Pieter
Does the LogIt version work? Both work in PotC,
but I'm not sure of the function name for displaying a message on the screen in CoAS. :shrug

Did any of you guys get a chance to check out the files for the menu items and textures/models for the swords & guns?

HI! Pieter
Does the LogIt version work? Both work in PotC,
but I'm not sure of the function name for displaying a message on the screen in CoAS. :shrug

No Pieter

Only one line work and that is this one: Log_SetStringToLog("Executed Console");
Function name i don't know i didn't add one. When in game press F12 button you
get a message "console" appear on screen.

Does the LogIt version work? No only the Log_SetStringToLog("Executed Console");
work.

Now if i can only get the debuger to work without turning on the debug window.

Ah; I thought that might be the case. Just don't use the LogIt line then and use the other one.
I wasn't sure which of the two CoAS would accept, so I just included both.

You sure you don't get "Executed console" on your screen? :wacko:

Anyway, you can now add any code in that function and have it executed during the game whenever you want.
As an example of some of the possibilities, here's my game's version:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
ref ch;
int i;
int limit;

//	KrakenAttack(pchar, 10);

// Models and Times (for screenshot-making)
// ------------------
//	GiveModel2Player("Jack",true);
//	SetCurrentTime(14.00, 0);

// Give ship
// ------------------
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,"Amsterdam","Amsterdam",-1,HOLLAND,true,true);
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,SHIP_CURSED,"Black Pearl",-1,ENGLAND,true,true);
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,"CursedDutchman","Flying Dutchman",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,"SteamFrigateFR","Jeanne d'Arc",-1,FRANCE,true,true);
/*
if(!Checkattribute(pchar,"cheatship")) Pchar.cheatship = 0;
int con = sti(Pchar.cheatship);
if(con<SHIP_TYPES_QUANTITY)
{
GiveShip2Character(pchar,ShipsTypes[con].id,"Test Ship",-1,ENGLAND,true,true);
Pchar.cheatship = con +1;
}
TraceAndLog("*************************** Ship : " + ShipsTypes[con].id + " , Index : " + con + " ");
*/
// Give items
// ------------------
//	GiveItem2Character(PChar, "compass3");
//	EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "compass3");
//	GiveItem2Character(pchar, "spyglass4");
//	EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "spyglass4");
//	GiveItem2Character(pchar, "clock2");
//	EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "clock2");
//	GiveItem2Character(pchar,"blade26+3");
//	EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "blade26+3");
//	GiveItem2Character(pchar,"pistol3_14");
//	EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "pistol3_14");
/*
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapKhaelRoa");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapAntigua");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapCayman");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapConceicao");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapCuba");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapDouwesen");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapFalaiseDeFleur");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapGuadeloupe");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapHispaniola");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapIslaMuelle");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapOxbay");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapQuebradasCostillas");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapRedmond");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapSaintMartin");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapTurks");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapAruba");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapCuracao");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapEleuthera");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapRedmond_Dungeon");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapOxbay_Dungeon");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapOxbay_Cave");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapDouwesen_Cave");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapKhaelRoa_TempleGround");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "mapKhaelRoa_TempleUpper");
*/

// Reload to location
// ------------------
//	DoQuestReloadToLocation("Redmond_port", "reload", "Sea_2_back" ,"");
//	SetCharacterShipLocation(Pchar, "Redmond_port");
//	DoQuestReloadToLocation("Oxbay_Port", "reload", "reload1" ,"");
//	SetCharacterShipLocation(Pchar, "Oxbay_Port");

// Capture Colony
// ------------------
//	CaptureTownForNation("Douwesen", HOLLAND);
//	LaunchCaptureColony(pchar, "Santo_Domingo");

//	DEBUG = 1;

if (!bSeaActive) {
float x,y,z,ay,xx,zz,xz,zx;
GetCharacterPos(GetMainCharacter(), &x, &y, &z);
GetCharacterAy(pchar, &ay);
xx = -sin(ay - PId2);
zz = xx;
xz = -cos(ay - PId2);
zx = -xz;
Logit("Location id: "+pchar.location)
Logit("Your Coords x: " + x+"  y: "+y+"  z: "+z );
Logit("Viewangle ay: "+ay+"; xx= "+xx+" xz= "+xz+" zx= "+zx+" zz= "+zz);
Logit("Curlocator: "+chrWaitReloadLocator);
//trace("Location id: "+pchar.location)
//trace("rld,loc,"+xx+",0,"+y+","+xz+",0,1,0,"+zx+",0,"+zz+","+x+","+y+","+z+",1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,");
trace("rld,aloc,"+xx+",0,"+xz+",0,1,0,"+zx+",0,"+zz+","+x+","+y+","+z+",1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,");
//		trace("Viewangle ay: "+ay+"; xx= "+xx+" xz= "+xz+" zx= "+zx+" zz= "+zz);
//		trace("Curlocator: "+chrWaitReloadLocator);
} else {
Logit("Ship position: x="+pchar.ship.pos.x+", z="+pchar.ship.pos.z);
}
return;
//Logit("Ship position: x="+worldMap.playerShipX+", z="+worldMap.playerShipZ);

/*if (!HasSubStr(pchar.location, "BOARDING_"))
DoQuestReloadToLocation("BOARDING_ShipDeck1", "rld", "loc0", "");
else {
limit = makeint(GetBoardingLimit(FindLoadedLocation()) / 2);
for (i = 1; i < limit; i++) {
ch = LAi_CreateFantomCharacter(false, 0, true, true, 0.0, "Soldier_eng", "rld", "loc" + i);
LAi_SetStayType(ch);
}
ch = LAi_CreateFantomCharacter(false, 0, true, true, 0.0, "offic_fra", "rld", "aloc0");
LAi_SetStayType(ch);
for (i = 1; i < limit; i++) {
ch = LAi_CreateFantomCharacter(false, 0, true, true, 0.0, "Soldier_fra", "rld", "aloc" + i);
LAi_SetStayType(ch);
}
}
return;*/

if (LAi_boarding_process) {
//if (FindLoadedLocation() == "BOARDING_ShipDeck4" || FindLoadedLocation() == "BOARDING_ShipDeck5" || FindLoadedLocation() == "BOARDING_ShipDeck6")
//		PostEvent("CharacterGroup_UpdateAlarm", 0, "fi", 0.0, false);
//		logit("phar.location="+pchar.location+", refEnCharacter.location="+refEnCharacter.location+", refEnCharacter.location.group="+refEnCharacter.location.group+", refEnCharacter.location.locator="+refEnCharacter.location.locator);
//		logit("GetPassengerNumber(mchr, GetCharacterIndex(refEnCharacter.id))="+GetPassengerNumber(pchar, GetCharacterIndex(refEnCharacter.id)));
}
if (bSeaActive) {
Logit("Location: "+PChar.location+", "+pchar.location.group+", "+pchar.location.locator);
//Fort_SetAbordageMode(pchar, characterFromID("Douwesen Commander"));
//SetNationRelation2MainCharacter(PORTUGAL, RELATION_ENEMY);
//Fort_SetAbordageMode(pchar, characterFromID("Douwesen Commander"));
//SetNationRelation2MainCharacter(HOLLAND, RELATION_ENEMY);
} else {
if (hasSubStr(pchar.location, "_port")) {
GiveShip2Character(pchar,"FrigateNKSup","Sirius Star",-1,ENGLAND,true,true);

ChangeCharacterReputation(pchar, 60);

GiveItem2Character(PChar, "compass3");
EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "compass3");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "spyglass4");
EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "spyglass4");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "blade13+1");
EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "blade13+1");
GiveItem2Character(Pchar, "pistol5+2");
EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "pistol5+2");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "commonarmor");
EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "commonarmor");
PChar.rank = 40;
pchar.experience = CalculateExperienceFromRank(sti(PChar.rank));
ChangeHPBonus(pchar, sti(pchar.chr_ai.hp_max));
ResetHP(pchar);
LAi_SetImmortal(pchar, true);

ch = CreateOfficer_Cheat(OFFIC_TYPE_NAVIGATOR, "Dan_TG3", 0, PERSONAL_NATION, false);
SetOfficersIndex(pchar, -1, GetCharacterIndex(ch.id));
ch = CreateOfficer_Cheat(OFFIC_TYPE_QMASTER, "33_TG5D", 0, PERSONAL_NATION, false);
ch = CreateOfficer_Cheat(OFFIC_TYPE_CANNONEER, "50_India", 0, PERSONAL_NATION, false);
ch = CreateOfficer_Cheat(OFFIC_TYPE_CAPNAVY, "50_33_40Claire", 3, PERSONAL_NATION, false);
ch = CreateOfficer_Cheat(OFFIC_TYPE_CAPNAVY, "50LCroft", 3, PERSONAL_NATION, false);
ch = CreateOfficer_Cheat(OFFIC_TYPE_CAPNAVY, "Searcher_Navy", 3, PERSONAL_NATION, false);

int idx = GetMainCharacterIndex();
aref arPerksRoot; makearef(arPerksRoot,ChrPerksList.list);
int chrPerksQ = GetAttributesNum(arPerksRoot);
for (i = 0; i <= GetPassengersQuantity(PChar); i++) {
if (i > 0) {
idx = GetPassenger(PChar, i - 1);
if (idx < 0) continue;

GiveItem2Character(GetCharacter(idx), "blade13+1");
EquipCharacterByItem(GetCharacter(idx), "blade13+1");
GiveItem2Character(GetCharacter(idx), "pistol5+2");
EquipCharacterByItem(GetCharacter(idx), "pistol5+2");
GiveItem2Character(GetCharacter(idx), "commonarmor");
EquipCharacterByItem(GetCharacter(idx), "commonarmor");
TakeNItems(GetCharacter(idx), "gunpowder", 6);
TakeNItems(GetCharacter(idx), "pistolbullets", 6);
}

for (int s = 0; s < 10; s++) {
string skillname = GetSkillName(s);
characters[idx].Skill.(skillname) = 10;
}

for (int p = 0; p < chrPerksQ; p++)
{
string perkName = GetAttributeName(GetAttributeN(arPerksRoot, p));
characters[idx].perks.list.(perkName) = true;
}
}
SetCharacterGoods(&pchar, GOOD_BALLS, 5000);
SetCharacterGoods(&pchar, GOOD_GUNPOWDER, 10000);
}
}
AddMoneyToCharacter(PChar, 2000000);
LogIt("Executed Console");
}
Note that many functions are Build-specific functions that we've made ourselves.

Well i check it again and i got the "Executed console" on screen now before it was
just "console".

Nice I'll try that.

Have anyone try to attack the fort after installing the update. Boy it's a hard
work with one frigate the ARABELLA. Yes i know you should bring a MOW. But that not
the problem the fort cannon can not be taken out it's on god mode.After been make
shark food for the 35 time. On my 36 try i check the number of cannon before i start
my attack i have taken out 3 cannon so the message on the screen said. But with my spyglass all the cannon are all there. :modding

Have anyone try to attack the fort after installing the update. Boy it's a hard
work with one frigate the ARABELLA. Yes i know you should bring a MOW. But that not
the problem the fort cannon can not be taken out it's on god mode.After been make
shark food for the 35 time. On my 36 try i check the number of cannon before i start
my attack i have taken out 3 cannon so the message on the screen said. But with my spyglass all the cannon are all there. :modding

I thourght i had fixed that, i will have to go through the files again and fix the fort aspect of the game, thanks for bringing it up. :onya

Good to hear the consolde button is added to COAS now, hopefully the reinit button will be added when the console is all up and running. :will

I have made a few changes both to the fort side of the battle and further changes to ships speeds, the original idea of RTBL was to make the battles feel more realistic and improve the battle aspect of COAS to be more tactical, the area's that have been looked at are cannon hp value's which have had some changes made to make them not so god mode like, the ships_init file has seen speed changes made to almost every ship based more around the vanilla value's, this part will be updated to be more realistic value's as and when new and more realistic speeds are given to them. For now the speeds have been lowered to make it more realitic and put RTBL back the way it was originally intended to be.

I have tried giving ships without imagies other ships imagies to try and at least have them show there pictures, the new ship ported over cursed dutchmen has a thumb nail image but its main large image is not working, i will have to find the post on editing ships names in the texture files so that i can see if we can get some success with this and other ships, the thumb nail is the more important picture in my opinion since its the image you will see when looking at the interface ships tab after pressing F2.

I have started collecting data on the ships with there crew walking in mid air, in the deck and where ever else they are not ment to be, so far i have found a few that i want to get fixed for COAS Cm V3.

I won't spam the topic with pictures because although it would show the true extent of the fort battle it may be annoying to those on slow or having problems with there interent speeds. So i will just give a rough idea of how its going.

The battle started at 20:00 and within 1 hour 2 of the 128 guns was knocked out on the fort, another hour later and the fort is down to 122 cannons. So the good news is the god like mode for the forts cannons is no more however the cannons are been knocked out much quicker than i would like so the cannon hp value's can be reincreased to there original value's. I entered the battle with 5 MOW's with max crews of almost 1000 onboard 1 MOW and the other four have over 1000 and a maximum of 1100 crew, the closest MOW to the fort has obviously taken the brunt end of it all and as a resault has lost over half her crew after just 3 hours. The fort is using as its was ment to use the 92LBS, so attacking a fort is not only risky it can be very costly. This means that the fort aspect of the game looks so far to be improved and working as intended since in real life most people avioded attacking forts. I will update you all on how things go after a few more game hours have past. The idea is that the battle lasts at least several game hours or more and it looks that might almost be the case if the cannon hp value's are reset back to there original value's. The problem with the god mode forts was not the cannon value's but another line of code which was set at default to =1.0 and i set it to 0.5 which was how quick the guns are destroyed on forts but that coursed the guns to fall out but not show as falling out and the other side that combined that fort bug was the forts hp value been much higher than its default value of 54,000, i want to make sure of that though but i'm 99% sure that was what also coursed the fort to not show any guns as been destroyed even though messages was been shown as guns been destroyed.

Update:
Its now 03:00am and the battle has been going for 8 hours now, none of my ships have been sunk although 3 of the ships sailed out of range of there own cannons and had to sail against the wind to begin attacking the fort again as a resault one of them lost a mast and is now out of the range of there own guns but under fire from the fort.

The ship that took the brunt end of the battle at the start is down to 120 crew and has sailed to a safer distance from the fort although remains in the forts range. I moved my own ship so that i could reduce the amount of guns been fired at the badly damaged and almost crewless ship and the plan worked with the fort aiming most shots at me. As a resault i have taken alot of damage now, no masts have fallen as of yet but i have lost 9 guns while the fort is down from 128 to 92 and the fort hp is going down all be it very slowly.

The two ships that have managed to rejoin the battle after sailing against the wind have maneged to take some fort guns out but for at least 4 game hours it was only me attacking the fort while the other ships 3 of which was as i said sailing against the wind and was out of range and the badly damaged ship had sailed right past me and was turning so that she could sail away from the fort and didn't fire a single shot till ordered to attack the fort again.

I have lost over 700 crew and the ship hp is down from over 10k to 7k, i'm not sure how much longer i can hold out but if nothing happens in the next couple of hours i will withdraw to a more safer position perhaps near to the last remain ships attacking the fort. I have reduced the damage multiplier for the 48, 68 and 92LBS so that they are not as strong as they was and since the fort is using 82LBs which has a damage multiplier of 10,000 is now 8000 this is obviously still to be tested and due to testing resaults so far the cannon hp value's will be lowered a little more since its still a little too hard to attack and win against the forts or at least those that have a large amount of cannons like this one does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back