• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Engine crash and something amiss

Nope never mind i have new problem i downloaded the build 14 mod 2.1 and now i cant play it. it loads but when u hit new game it loads for 5 seconds then exits the game and says POTC new horizons has stopped working. I also didn't install the enb improved graphics because i didn't think i need it. Do i need it?

Did you install JUST the build 14 beta 2.1? Did you also look in your POTC folder and run the runme.bat?

Also, that version is VERY buggy and there has been 3 1/2 years of development since it was released. You really really want to install the beta 2.5 on top of it.

You do not want ENB.

You definitely don't need ENB. Anything in your error logs?

You had an Intel card, right? I don't think Beta 2.1 had the correct fix yet. Try continuing with Beta 2.5.

never mind new problem. it will let me pick a character after the new game but then when i hit start game it loads for a few then exits out of game

Do you have that Beta 2.5 Intel Fix installed yet? Sounds to me like your graphics card is killing the game again.

i have the intel fix but its the one from modb so i'm not sure and i've installed the beta 2.5. do i have to download it in modules like the intel fix had to be in there for it to work

There is an Intel Fix included in the Beta 2.5 installer; that's the one you want.
Just select it when you get the option.

it works but is the beginning for nathanial hawke is the cabin supposed to be untextured and grey colored
Definitely NOT. :shock
Are you sure the installation worked properly this time? You DID run the RunMe.bat after Beta 2.1 AND after 2.5, right?

also how do you activate the cheats
Set ENABLE_CHEATMODE to 1 at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h .

It does sound like something went wrong while it was being installed. It might be best to start over and create a new install using your new knowledge about how it is done.

Back