• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Windows security only causes a problem if GOF2 or any Akella game is installed into program files or desktop.

Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 45
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
Initializing DirectX 9
ERROR: Techniques: Find duplicate technique name: rain
Techniques: 22 shaders compiled.
Techniques: 230 techniques compiled.
Techniques: compiled by 170312194 ticks.
Using FMOD 00040805
Sound inited ok !!!
FMOD: Speaker mode STEREO
Intel CPU: No, SSE: Off, HyperThreading: Off
Intel CPU: No, SSE: Off, HyperThreading: Off
Can't load texture resource\textures\.tx
Bad rope length = 0.060586 for rope num 13
Bad rope length = 0.083746 for rope num 14
Bad rope data for rope: (model=ships\Galeoth_h1\Galeoth_h1) (rope num = 4) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 284343812
Bad rope data for rope: (model=ships\Galeoth_h1\Galeoth_h1) (rope num = 18) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 284345428
Bad rope data for rope: (model=ships\Galeoth_h1\Galeoth_h1) (rope num = 3) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 284345428
Bad rope data for rope: (model=ships\Galeoth_h1\Galeoth_h1) (rope num = 27) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 284345428? end pointer = 0
ecc..ecc...

Yes. Move it directly onto your hard drive.
First, thank you all for the help ...
But it is hard to understand the correct procedure of installation, on-site solutions are mixed!

you have to install in defoult c: / programs (86)? Directly c :?
-in a post Luke159 writes that it is better to install programm (86) and then make a copy on the desktop
-also Moderknight1 says that you have to install in defoult folder c: programs (86)

so it becomes very difficult for a beginner to figure out what to do !!! I do not want to be rude but the wrong advice are deleterious !!

then have to ask, what is the correct way to install and AOP: COAS on a PC with the following features:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
amd athlon II x2 240 processor 2.8 Ghz
Graphic card Nvidia Ge Force Gt610

Thank You ....

Installing the game outside Program Files is definitely always the best idea. I like C:\Games\[GAME NAME] .

This is how my GOF2 is installed. I have 2 hard drives so installed it to the D drive. I put all my games on the D drive.

GOF2 install path.jpg

I never did understand why Luke159 installed it like that. :shrug

Do you have the updated Tages drivers and the nodvd patch? They are needed.

This is how my GOF2 is installed. I have 2 hard drives so installed it to the D drive. I put all my games on the D drive.

View attachment 20652

I never did understand why Luke159 installed it like that. :shrug

Do you have the updated Tages drivers and the nodvd patch? They are needed.
ok but your operating system is like mine? windows 7 64bit?
Yes downloaded and installed tages 64bit drivers from the official website before installing AoP: COAS.
Yes I also installed patch no dvd "dvm.dll"

that two balls! two big balls! Now I try to install the game for the fifth and last time! I feel like an idiot! you play without problems, why? this thing is frustrating!

I want to play this game !!! but it's just a big waste of time!

I used to run win7 64 bit, and GOF2 ran fine. Now I am using Win8.1 64 bit and GOF2 runs fine.

Hello

My former COAS game DVD-ROM had a crack at the backside. So it was necessary to purchase a new copy and install the vanilla version 1.3 of it. After that I also downloaded again GOF 2.0 Mod with the Patches 1.3 and 1.4 Beta Test for the second time. But I would like to watch the former COAS title videos and listen to the original game music. Now I would like to ask if anybody has the original sound and video files from COAS to download, so I could replace them in my GOF folder?

Thank you very much and happy Easter!! :napoleon

Hello

It`s me again here. Can somebody tell me which Patch from GOF 2.0 Mod is more stable and prevent crashes? The 1.3 Patch or the 1.4 Patch Beta Test? Especially while encountering large fleets and boarding big ships with lots of sailors on it!

Thanks again for your great help and support ! :napoleon

:ahoymate!

Have you looked at the GOF2.5 Mod? It has several sound packs, and methinks one of them is vanilla music. It can be found here.
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...-of-fortune-supermod.22493/page-4#post-495191

You got a cracked disc? Bummer. Have you gotten the nodvd patch yet?

The 1.3 patch was fully tested and we had no ctds with it. The 1.4 patch mainly adds more content and has a few small tweaks in it. They are both pretty similar in play where lots of large ships will drag performance down to the point where it might ctd. I play 1.4 and keep my fleet small.

Hello

Just another question here. After capturing a city for my country and raised a nation flag, some of the fort cannons are destroyed of course. For example when I`m standing on my ship and look through my spyglass it shows 145/165. That means around 20 cannons are destroyed. Now is it possible to replace destroyed fort cannons / culverins so that the garrison can defend the fort against hostile squadrons attacking them?

Would be interesting to know if there is a solution for that!

Thank you guys and hearing from you later! :napoleon

:ahoymate!

Have you looked at the GOF2.5 Mod? It has several sound packs, and methinks one of them is vanilla music. It can be found here.
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...-of-fortune-supermod.22493/page-4#post-495191

You got a cracked disc? Bummer. Have you gotten the nodvd patch yet?

The 1.3 patch was fully tested and we had no ctds with it. The 1.4 patch mainly adds more content and has a few small tweaks in it. They are both pretty similar in play where lots of large ships will drag performance down to the point where it might ctd. I play 1.4 and keep my fleet small.

Wow!! You are really fast. I will look around there...

Back