• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Got a message about money I put in the bank being lost..

Teemu Elo

Landlubber
Ahoy, folks. I'm a bit green here, though i've read a bit through the forums. As the title suggests, I had some money (20k) set away for a rainy day with the lender in Marigot, San Martin. I left it there to grow interest since I didn't need it, but eventually got a message saying it'd been lost, and sure enough the lender doesn't acknowledge that the money ever existed. What gives?

ED: I remembered there was another thing and thought I wouldn't annoy everyone with a second thread right away. I've got a carpenter assigned to my ship (Well, dual position of carpenter and treasurer) with light repair, which says he should be able to fix my tub a little without needing materials. Can't figure out how to make him do that though?

Welcome aboard Teemu Elo :dance

The town was sacked and your money plundered along with the spoils. No way to get it back. The only sure bets are putting the money away in national capitols because they never get sacked. Only you can sack them if you have a mind to.

So if you're playing Dutch, then enter the cash with the moneylender in Willemstad. Once you get so rich it doesn't matter you can have caches of money all over the Caribbean.

MK

Aha! That explains it, though i'd still like to extract payment from that fool moneylender for not hiding my cash when the spanish, I presume, came knocking.. Well, i'm playing as french and indeed do have several small caches of gold across the Caribbean, a bit here and there for a rainy day and to grow interest whenever I had more money than I needed to pay my crew. Out of curiosity, what are the national capitols so when/if I strike it big i'll know where to put the money so that it's safe?

ED: Bleepin' two in the morning and I forget my manners. Thank you for the advice and warm welcome.

I can't totally remember off the top of my head. There are other threads around here that will tell you if you search. I think its :

Willemstad: Dutch
Tortuga: French
Havana: Spanish
Bridgetown: English

Like I said I'm not 100 percent sure. I've had a couple glasses of brandy you see.

MK

:rofl Had to laugh at this......happened to me in RL...not nice, but s^^t happens.

Wasn't actually that amusing at the time......English bank 7k..:rumgone

Back