• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help going back to original PotC front screen

DeadBoots

Landlubber
Hi

I want to thank you for moving this game over to the newest storm engine, great work.

I have a problem, I want to have the original PotC front screen back and the original main menu music and the original credit music back, it gave me so much and those things make the game much better for me. Can you show me what files I need to replace and where I can find them?

I want to keep everything else that you've made, but I only want the original main menu back with the original music.

1. The original background image in the main menu from the original PotC screen.
2. The original main menu music.
3. The original credit music (and if possible, the original credits too, it was sort of entertaining)

If I could have those things back & at the same time keep the content that you're creating, that would be awesome.

Thank you.

I'm not sure how BNH arranges its music and loading screens, but I can tell you where to find the files.

Download the Build 14 Contents Archive:
Build 14 FINAL Part 2: Contents Archive file - Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons mod for Pirates of the Caribbean
Then do exactly what everyone who is installing Build 14 is told never to do - use 7-Zip to unzip the file. You're not interested in installing Build 14, you just want some of the files.

In particular:
RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\BACKGROUND\build2.tga.tx (or possibly build1.tga.tx depending on which interface you used)
RESOURCE\Sounds\MUSIC\Main_Title.ogg
RESOURCE\VIDEOS\common\ENGLISH\Credits.wmv

Use TX Convertor to view the background image:
https://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/Cloud/Tools/Modeling+Texturing/TX Convertor.zip

Use VLC to listen to Main_Title.ogg and Credits.wmv.

If you still have an installation of Build 14, you don't need to download the Build 14 Contents Archive, just look for those files in the Build 14 folder.

Thanks buddy

I was thinking of the original PotC music, not New Horizons 14 music, but I can just dig into the original install folder and find it in the same place.

Back